Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: VPS28
Description: ESCRT-I subunit protein VPS28
Alias: VPL13, VPT28, ESCRT-I subunit protein VPS28
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Teo H, Veprintsev D, Williams R. Structural insights into endosomal sorting complex required for transport (ESCRT-I) recognition of ubiquitinated proteins. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:28689-96 pubmedThe endosomal sorting complex required for transport (ESCRT-I) is a 350-kDa complex of three proteins, Vps23, Vps28, and Vps37...
- Katzmann D, Stefan C, Babst M, Emr S. Vps27 recruits ESCRT machinery to endosomes during MVB sorting. J Cell Biol. 2003;162:413-23 pubmed..Vps27 subsequently recruits/activates ESCRT-I on endosomes, thereby facilitating sorting of ubiquitinated MVB cargoes. ..
- Pineda Molina E, Belrhali H, Piefer A, Akula I, Bates P, Weissenhorn W. The crystal structure of the C-terminal domain of Vps28 reveals a conserved surface required for Vps20 recruitment. Traffic. 2006;7:1007-16 pubmedThe endosomal sorting complex I required for transport (ESCRT-I) is composed of the three subunits Vps23/Tsg101, Vps28 and Vps37...
- Herrador A, Herranz S, Lara D, Vincent O. Recruitment of the ESCRT machinery to a putative seven-transmembrane-domain receptor is mediated by an arrestin-related protein. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:897-907 pubmed publisher..We further show that Rim8 coimmunoprecipitates with ESCRT-I subunits Vps23 and Vps28, supporting the idea that binding of Rim8 to Vps23 mediates the association of Rim8 with the ESCRT-I complex...
- PÃ©rez Sampietro M, Herrero E. The PacC-family protein Rim101 prevents selenite toxicity in Saccharomyces cerevisiae by controlling vacuolar acidification. Fungal Genet Biol. 2014;71:76-85 pubmed publisher..In addition, a parallel Rim101-independent pathway requiring the complete ESCRT machinery (including the ESCRT-0 complex) also participates in protection against selenite. ..
- Hayashi M, Fukuzawa T, Sorimachi H, Maeda T. Constitutive activation of the pH-responsive Rim101 pathway in yeast mutants defective in late steps of the MVB/ESCRT pathway. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:9478-90 pubmed..Based on extensive epistasis analysis between pathway-activating and -inactivating mutations, a model for architecture and regulation of the Rim101 pathway is proposed. ..
- Li Y, Kane T, Tipper C, Spatrick P, Jenness D. Yeast mutants affecting possible quality control of plasma membrane proteins. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:3588-99 pubmed..also caused missorting of carboxypeptidase Y, and ste2-3 was suppressed by mutations vps1, vps8, vps10, and vps28 but not by mutation vps3...
- Rog O, Smolikov S, Krauskopf A, Kupiec M. The yeast VPS genes affect telomere length regulation. Curr Genet. 2005;47:18-28 pubmed..Using genetic analysis, we characterized the pathway by which VPS15, VPS34, VPS22, VPS23 and VPS28 affect the telomeres...
- Bowers K, Lottridge J, Helliwell S, Goldthwaite L, Luzio J, Stevens T. Protein-protein interactions of ESCRT complexes in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Traffic. 2004;5:194-210 pubmed..We propose the formation of a large multimeric complex on the endosome membrane consisting of ESCRTI, ESCRTII, ESCRTIII and other associated proteins. ..
- Peters T, Miller A, Tourette C, Agren H, Hubbard A, Hughes R. Genomic Analysis of ATP Efflux in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. G3 (Bethesda). 2015;6:161-70 pubmed publisher..These results will facilitate analysis of ATP efflux mechanisms in higher eukaryotes. ..