Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: VPS25
Description: ESCRT-II subunit protein VPS25
Alias: VPL12, VPT25, ESCRT-II subunit protein VPS25
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Hayden J, Williams M, Granich A, Ahn H, Tenay B, Lukehart J, et al. Vps1 in the late endosome-to-vacuole traffic. J Biosci. 2013;38:73-83 pubmed..Together, we propose that Vps1 is required for correct and efficient trafficking from the late endosomal compartments to the vacuole. ..
- Sarode N, Miracle B, Peng X, Ryan O, Reynolds T. Vacuolar protein sorting genes regulate mat formation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae by Flo11p-dependent and -independent mechanisms. Eukaryot Cell. 2011;10:1516-26 pubmed publisher..of MVB mutants (represented by ESCRT [endosomal sorting complex required for transport] complex genes such as VPS25) interrupt the Rim101p signal transduction cascade, which is required for FLO11 expression, and thus block both ..
- Teis D, Saksena S, Judson B, Emr S. ESCRT-II coordinates the assembly of ESCRT-III filaments for cargo sorting and multivesicular body vesicle formation. EMBO J. 2010;29:871-83 pubmed publisher..The ESCRT-II subunit Vps25 induces an essential conformational switch that converts inactive monomeric Vps20 into the active nucleator for ..
- Kostelansky M, Sun J, Lee S, Kim J, Ghirlando R, Hierro A, et al. Structural and functional organization of the ESCRT-I trafficking complex. Cell. 2006;125:113-26 pubmed..The C-terminal domain of Vps28 binds the ESCRT-II complex. The structure shows how ESCRT-I is assembled by a compact core from which the Vps23 UEV domain, the Vps28 C domain, and other domains project to bind their partners. ..
- Rothfels K, Tanny J, Molnár E, Friesen H, Commisso C, Segall J. Components of the ESCRT pathway, DFG16, and YGR122w are required for Rim101 to act as a corepressor with Nrg1 at the negative regulatory element of the DIT1 gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:6772-88 pubmed..Interestingly, Rim101 was processed in bro1 and doa4 strains but was unable to mediate efficient repression. ..
- Tong Z, Kim M, Pandey A, Espenshade P. Identification of candidate substrates for the Golgi Tul1 E3 ligase using quantitative diGly proteomics in yeast. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2014;13:2871-82 pubmed publisher..This quantitative diGly proteomics methodology will serve as a robust platform for screening for stress conditions that require Tul1 E3 ligase activity. ..
- PÃ©rez Sampietro M, Herrero E. The PacC-family protein Rim101 prevents selenite toxicity in Saccharomyces cerevisiae by controlling vacuolar acidification. Fungal Genet Biol. 2014;71:76-85 pubmed publisher..In addition, a parallel Rim101-independent pathway requiring the complete ESCRT machinery (including the ESCRT-0 complex) also participates in protection against selenite. ..
- Tang S, Buchkovich N, Henne W, Banjade S, Kim Y, Emr S. ESCRT-III activation by parallel action of ESCRT-I/II and ESCRT-0/Bro1 during MVB biogenesis. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..We therefore provide an enhanced understanding for the activation of the spatially unique ESCRT-III-mediated membrane remodeling. ..
- Wernimont A, Weissenhorn W. Crystal structure of subunit VPS25 of the endosomal trafficking complex ESCRT-II. BMC Struct Biol. 2004;4:10 pubmed..Here we report the crystal structure of Vps25 at 3.1 A resolution...