Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: VPS24
Description: ESCRT-III subunit protein VPS24
Alias: DID3, VPL26, ESCRT-III subunit protein VPS24
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Richter C, West M, Odorizzi G. Doa4 function in ILV budding is restricted through its interaction with the Vps20 subunit of ESCRT-III. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:1881-90 pubmed publisher..This rescue in ILV biogenesis requires Doa4 expression but is independent of its Ub hydrolase activity. Thus, binding of Vps20 to the Doa4 N-terminus inhibits a non-catalytic function of Doa4 that promotes ILV formation. ..
- Shestakova A, Hanono A, Drosner S, Curtiss M, Davies B, Katzmann D, et al. Assembly of the AAA ATPase Vps4 on ESCRT-III. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:1059-71 pubmed publisher..Vta1 in turn is predicted to cause a rearrangement of the Vps4 interactions that initiates the assembly of the active Vps4 oligomer. ..
- Nickerson D, West M, Henry R, Odorizzi G. Regulators of Vps4 ATPase activity at endosomes differentially influence the size and rate of formation of intralumenal vesicles. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:1023-32 pubmed publisher..These morphological effects probably result from Vps4-mediated manipulations of ESCRT-III, because we show dissociation of ESCRT-0, -I, and -II from endosomes is not directly dependent on Vps4 activity. ..
- Babst M, Katzmann D, Estepa Sabal E, Meerloo T, Emr S. Escrt-III: an endosome-associated heterooligomeric protein complex required for mvb sorting. Dev Cell. 2002;3:271-82 pubmed..The soluble coiled-coil-containing proteins Vps2, Vps20, Vps24, and Snf7 are recruited from the cytoplasm to endosomal membranes where they oligomerize into a protein complex, ..
- Amerik A, Nowak J, Swaminathan S, Hochstrasser M. The Doa4 deubiquitinating enzyme is functionally linked to the vacuolar protein-sorting and endocytic pathways. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:3365-80 pubmed
- Bowers K, Lottridge J, Helliwell S, Goldthwaite L, Luzio J, Stevens T. Protein-protein interactions of ESCRT complexes in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Traffic. 2004;5:194-210 pubmed..We propose the formation of a large multimeric complex on the endosome membrane consisting of ESCRTI, ESCRTII, ESCRTIII and other associated proteins. ..
- Weiss P, Huppert S, Kölling R. Analysis of the dual function of the ESCRT-III protein Snf7 in endocytic trafficking and in gene expression. Biochem J. 2009;424:89-97 pubmed publisher..The interactions, as measured by co-immunoprecipitation, with the ESCRT-III subunits Vps20 and Vps24 were strongly increased by the mutations, whereas the interactions with proteins Vps4 and Bro1, acting downstream ..
- Peters T, Miller A, Tourette C, Agren H, Hubbard A, Hughes R. Genomic Analysis of ATP Efflux in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. G3 (Bethesda). 2015;6:161-70 pubmed publisher..These results will facilitate analysis of ATP efflux mechanisms in higher eukaryotes. ..
- Swaminathan S, Amerik A, Hochstrasser M. The Doa4 deubiquitinating enzyme is required for ubiquitin homeostasis in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:2583-94 pubmed..We propose that Doa4 helps recycle ubiquitin from both proteasome-bound ubiquitinated intermediates and membrane proteins destined for destruction in the vacuole. ..
- Adell M, Vogel G, Pakdel M, M ller M, Lindner H, Hess M, et al. Coordinated binding of Vps4 to ESCRT-III drives membrane neck constriction during MVB vesicle formation. J Cell Biol. 2014;205:33-49 pubmed publisher..ESCRT-II also initiates the assembly of a ringlike ESCRT-III filament consisting of Vps20, Snf7, Vps24, and Vps2...
- Hayden J, Williams M, Granich A, Ahn H, Tenay B, Lukehart J, et al. Vps1 in the late endosome-to-vacuole traffic. J Biosci. 2013;38:73-83 pubmed..Together, we propose that Vps1 is required for correct and efficient trafficking from the late endosomal compartments to the vacuole. ..
- Banh B, McDERMOTT H, Woodman S, Gadila S, Saimani U, Short J, et al. Yeast dynamin interaction with ESCRT proteins at the endosome. Cell Biol Int. 2017;41:484-494 pubmed publisher..we revealed that Vps1 physically interacts with the ESCRT-II subunits, Vps22 and Vps36, and the ESCRT-III subunit Vps24. We found that Vps1 and ESCRT-II components colocalize with Pep12, an endosomal marker...
- Sciskala B, Kölling R. Interaction maps of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae ESCRT-III protein Snf7. Eukaryot Cell. 2013;12:1538-46 pubmed publisher..The following observations were made. The ESCRT-III subunits Vps20 and Vps24 showed a complementary binding pattern, suggesting a model for the series of events in the ESCRT-III functional ..
- Hayashi M, Fukuzawa T, Sorimachi H, Maeda T. Constitutive activation of the pH-responsive Rim101 pathway in yeast mutants defective in late steps of the MVB/ESCRT pathway. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:9478-90 pubmed..Three identified suppressors-did4/vps2, vps24, and vps4-all belonged to "class E" vps mutants, which are commonly defective in multivesicular body ..