Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: VPS15
Description: ubiquitin-binding serine/threonine protein kinase VPS15
Alias: GRD8, VAC4, VPL19, VPS40, VPT15, ubiquitin-binding serine/threonine protein kinase VPS15
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Conibear E, Stevens T. Vps52p, Vps53p, and Vps54p form a novel multisubunit complex required for protein sorting at the yeast late Golgi. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:305-23 pubmed..The Vps52/53/54 complex joins a growing list of distinct multisubunit complexes that regulate membrane-trafficking events. ..
- Herman P, Stack J, Emr S. An essential role for a protein and lipid kinase complex in secretory protein sorting. Trends Cell Biol. 1992;2:363-8 pubmed..Recent data on two of these genes, VPS15 and VPS34, are beginning to provide some fundamental insights into the mechanisms governing protein sorting within ..
- Zurita Martinez S, Puria R, Pan X, Boeke J, Cardenas M. Efficient Tor signaling requires a functional class C Vps protein complex in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2007;176:2139-50 pubmed
- Gaur N, Hasek J, Brickner D, Qiu H, Zhang F, Wong C, et al. Vps factors are required for efficient transcription elongation in budding yeast. Genetics. 2013;193:829-51 pubmed publisher..yeast mutants lacking the phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate [PI(3)P] kinase Vps34 or its associated protein kinase Vps15 display multiple phenotypes indicating impaired transcription elongation...
- Grunau S, Lay D, Mindthoff S, Platta H, Girzalsky W, Just W, et al. The phosphoinositide 3-kinase Vps34p is required for pexophagy in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochem J. 2011;434:161-70 pubmed publisher..This demonstrates that PtdIns3P-mediated signalling is required for pexophagy. ..
- Rog O, Smolikov S, Krauskopf A, Kupiec M. The yeast VPS genes affect telomere length regulation. Curr Genet. 2005;47:18-28 pubmed..Using genetic analysis, we characterized the pathway by which VPS15, VPS34, VPS22, VPS23 and VPS28 affect the telomeres...
- Suzuki K, Akioka M, Kondo Kakuta C, Yamamoto H, Ohsumi Y. Fine mapping of autophagy-related proteins during autophagosome formation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:2534-44 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that Atg proteins play individual roles at spatially distinct locations during IM expansion. These findings will facilitate detailed investigations of the function of each Atg protein during autophagosome formation...
- Heenan E, Vanhooke J, Temple B, Betts L, SONDEK J, Dohlman H. Structure and function of Vps15 in the endosomal G protein signaling pathway. Biochemistry. 2009;48:6390-401 pubmed publisher..can promote signaling at endosomes and requires two components of the sole phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase in yeast, Vps15 and Vps34...
- Slessareva J, Routt S, Temple B, Bankaitis V, Dohlman H. Activation of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase Vps34 by a G protein alpha subunit at the endosome. Cell. 2006;126:191-203 pubmed..Our analysis reveals a requirement for both the catalytic (Vps34) and regulatory (Vps15) subunits of the sole phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase in yeast...
- Budovskaya Y, Hama H, DeWald D, Herman P. The C terminus of the Vps34p phosphoinositide 3-kinase is necessary and sufficient for the interaction with the Vps15p protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:287-94 pubmed..This study thus represents a first step toward a better understanding of how this Vps15p.Vps34p kinase complex is assembled and regulated in vivo. ..
- Lee K, Ahn J, Kim J, Hwang C. Synthetic lethal screen of NAA20, a catalytic subunit gene of NatB N-terminal acetylase in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Microbiol. 2014;52:842-8 pubmed publisher..The genome-wide synthetic lethal screen of NAA20 identified genes encoding for serine/threonine protein kinase Vps15, 1,3-beta-glucanosyltransferase Gas5, and a catabolic repression regulator Mig3...