Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: VPS13
Description: membrane morphogenesis protein VPS13
Alias: SOI1, VPT2, membrane morphogenesis protein VPS13
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Dembowski J, Ramesh M, McManus C, Woolford J. Identification of the binding site of Rlp7 on assembling 60S ribosomal subunits in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. RNA. 2013;19:1639-47 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that Rlp7 coevolved with these RNA elements to facilitate eukaryotic-specific functions in ribosome assembly and pre-rRNA processing. ..
- Kilmartin J. Sfi1p has conserved centrin-binding sites and an essential function in budding yeast spindle pole body duplication. J Cell Biol. 2003;162:1211-21 pubmed..The centrosomal human protein containing Sfi1 repeats also binds centrin in the repeat region, showing that this centrin-binding motif is conserved. ..
- Park J, Neiman A. VPS13 regulates membrane morphogenesis during sporulation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:3004-11 pubmed publisher..and Cohen syndrome are caused by mutations in different members of a family of genes that are orthologs of yeast VPS13. In vegetatively growing yeast, VPS13 is involved in the delivery of proteins to the vacuole...
- John Peter A, Herrmann B, Antunes D, Rapaport D, Dimmer K, Kornmann B. Vps13-Mcp1 interact at vacuole-mitochondria interfaces and bypass ER-mitochondria contact sites. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:3219-3229 pubmed publisher..Defects in ERMES can, however, be bypassed by point mutations in the endosomal protein Vps13 or by overexpression of the mitochondrial protein Mcp1. How this bypass operates remains unclear...
- Luo W, Chang A. Novel genes involved in endosomal traffic in yeast revealed by suppression of a targeting-defective plasma membrane ATPase mutant. J Cell Biol. 1997;138:731-46 pubmed..Thus, cell surface delivery of mutant Pma1 can occur as a consequence of disturbances at several different sites in the endosomal system. ..
- De M, Oleskie A, Ayyash M, Dutta S, Mancour L, Abazeed M, et al. The Vps13p-Cdc31p complex is directly required for TGN late endosome transport and TGN homotypic fusion. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:425-439 pubmed publisherYeast VPS13 is the founding member of a eukaryotic gene family of growing interest in cell biology and medicine...