Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: VMA13
Description: H(+)-transporting V1 sector ATPase subunit H
Alias: CLS11, H(+)-transporting V1 sector ATPase subunit H
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Lu M, Vergara S, Zhang L, Holliday L, Aris J, Gluck S. The amino-terminal domain of the E subunit of vacuolar H(+)-ATPase (V-ATPase) interacts with the H subunit and is required for V-ATPase function. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:38409-15 pubmed..Our data demonstrate the physiological significance of the interaction between the E and H subunits of V-ATPase and extend previous studies on the arrangement of subunits on the peripheral stalk of V-ATPase. ..
- Stevens T, Forgac M. Structure, function and regulation of the vacuolar (H+)-ATPase. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol. 1997;13:779-808 pubmed..Recent information concerning targeting and regulation of V-ATPases has also been obtained. ..
- Li S, Diakov T, Rizzo J, Kane P. Vacuolar H+-ATPase works in parallel with the HOG pathway to adapt Saccharomyces cerevisiae cells to osmotic stress. Eukaryot Cell. 2012;11:282-91 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that the V-ATPase acts in parallel with the HOG pathway in order to mediate salt detoxification. ..
- Lafourcade C, Galan J, Gloor Y, Haguenauer Tsapis R, Peter M. The GTPase-activating enzyme Gyp1p is required for recycling of internalized membrane material by inactivation of the Rab/Ypt GTPase Ypt1p. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:3815-26 pubmed..Interestingly, the deletions of GYP1 and YPT6 were synthetic lethal, raising the possibility that at least two distinct pathways are involved in recycling of membrane material. ..
- Keenan Curtis K, Kane P. Novel vacuolar H+-ATPase complexes resulting from overproduction of Vma5p and Vma13p. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:2716-24 pubmed..Overproduced Vma5p associated with cytosolic V(1) complexes; this association may cause the lethality. ..
- Rizzo J, Tarsio M, Martínez Muñoz G, Kane P. Diploids heterozygous for a vma13Delta mutation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae highlight the importance of V-ATPase subunit balance in supporting vacuolar acidification and silencing cytosolic V1-ATPase activity. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:8521-32 pubmedThe V-ATPase H subunit (encoded by the VMA13 gene) activates ATP-driven proton pumping in intact V-ATPase complexes and inhibits MgATPase activity in cytosolic V1 sectors (Parra, K. J., Keenan, K. L., and Kane, P. M. (2000) J. Biol. Chem...
- Lin M, Li S, Kane P, Höfken T. Regulation of vacuolar H+-ATPase activity by the Cdc42 effector Ste20 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Eukaryot Cell. 2012;11:442-51 pubmed publisher..Using the split-ubiquitin technique, we found that Ste20 forms a complex with Vma13, an important regulatory subunit of vacuolar H(+)-ATPase (V-ATPase)...
- Benlekbir S, Bueler S, Rubinstein J. Structure of the vacuolar-type ATPase from Saccharomyces cerevisiae at 11-Å resolution. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2012;19:1356-62 pubmed publisher..We provide support for this model by demonstrating that mutation of subunit H to increase the rigidity of the linker between its two domains decreases its ability to inhibit ATPase activity. ..
- Matsumoto R, Suzuki K, Ohya Y. Organelle acidification is important for localisation of vacuolar proteins in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Protoplasma. 2013;250:1283-93 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that many alterations in the localisation of vacuolar proteins occur after loss of the acidification of acidic compartments. ..
- Flannery A, Stevens T. Functional characterization of the N-terminal domain of subunit H (Vma13p) of the yeast vacuolar ATPase. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:29099-108 pubmed publisher..One of the regulatory subunits, subunit H, is encoded by the VMA13 gene in yeast and is composed of two domains, the N-terminal domain (amino acids (aa) 1-352) and the C-terminal ..
- Kawasaki Nishi S, Bowers K, Nishi T, Forgac M, Stevens T. The amino-terminal domain of the vacuolar proton-translocating ATPase a subunit controls targeting and in vivo dissociation, and the carboxyl-terminal domain affects coupling of proton transport and ATP hydrolysis. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:47411-20 pubmed..Our results suggest that whereas targeting and in vivo dissociation are controlled by sequences located in the amino-terminal domains of the subunit a isoforms, coupling efficiency is controlled by the carboxyl-terminal region. ..
- Parsons L, Wilkens S. Probing subunit-subunit interactions in the yeast vacuolar ATPase by peptide arrays. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46960 pubmed publisher..The subunit-subunit interaction data are discussed in context of our current model of reversible enzyme dissociation. ..
- Zhong X, Malhotra R, Guidotti G. Regulation of yeast ectoapyrase ynd1p activity by activator subunit Vma13p of vacuolar H+-ATPase. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:35592-9 pubmed..ADPase activity of Ynd1p in a vma13Delta mutant was drastically increased compared with that of Ynd1p in VMA13 cells...
- Oluwatosin Y, Kane P. Mutations in the yeast KEX2 gene cause a Vma(-)-like phenotype: a possible role for the Kex2 endoprotease in vacuolar acidification. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:1534-43 pubmed..This is the first time a mutation of this type has been identified. ..
- Lin Z, Dong M, Zhang Y, Lee E, Lin H. Cbr1 is a Dph3 reductase required for the tRNA wobble uridine modification. Nat Chem Biol. 2016;12:995-997 pubmed publisher..The NADH- and Cbr1-dependent reduction of Dph3 may provide a regulatory linkage between cellular metabolic state and protein translation. ..