Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ups1p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Tamura Y, Onguka O, Itoh K, Endo T, Iijima M, Claypool S, et al. Phosphatidylethanolamine biosynthesis in mitochondria: phosphatidylserine (PS) trafficking is independent of a PS decarboxylase and intermembrane space proteins UPS1P and UPS2P. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:43961-71 pubmed publisher..Two mitochondrial proteins located in the intermembrane space, Ups1p and Ups2p, have been shown to regulate PE metabolism by controlling the export of PE...
- Miyata N, Goda N, Matsuo K, Hoketsu T, Kuge O. Cooperative function of Fmp30, Mdm31, and Mdm32 in Ups1-independent cardiolipin accumulation in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Sci Rep. 2017;7:16447 pubmed publisher..Thus, when the mitochondrial PE level is reduced, Fmp30, Mdm31, and Mdm32 seem to function cooperatively for the accumulation of CL in a UPS1-independent manner. ..
- Potting C, Wilmes C, Engmann T, Osman C, Langer T. Regulation of mitochondrial phospholipids by Ups1/PRELI-like proteins depends on proteolysis and Mdm35. EMBO J. 2010;29:2888-98 pubmed publisher..Homologues to all components of this pathway are present in higher eukaryotes, suggesting that the regulation of mitochondrial CL and PE levels is conserved in evolution. ..
- Hall B, Owens K, Singh K. Distinct functions of evolutionary conserved MSF1 and late embryogenesis abundant (LEA)-like domains in mitochondria. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:39141-52 pubmed publisher..The Ups2p MSF1 domain mediates cardiolipin depletion in the absence of Ups1p. However, the Ups2p LEA-like domain is responsible for cardiolipin depletion resulting from UPS2 overexpression...
- Watanabe Y, Tamura Y, Kawano S, Endo T. Structural and mechanistic insights into phospholipid transfer by Ups1-Mdm35 in mitochondria. Nat Commun. 2015;6:7922 pubmed publisher..These results provide a structural basis for understanding the mechanism of PA transfer between mitochondrial membranes. ..