Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: UPC2
Alias: MOX4, Upc2p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Castro Prego R, Lamas Maceiras M, Soengas P, Carneiro I, González Siso I, Cerdán M. Regulatory factors controlling transcription of Saccharomyces cerevisiae IXR1 by oxygen levels: a model of transcriptional adaptation from aerobiosis to hypoxia implicating ROX1 and IXR1 cross-regulation. Biochem J. 2009;425:235-43 pubmed publisher..Ixr1p is also required for hypoxic repression of ROX1 and binds to its promoter. UPC2 deletion has opposite effects on IXR1 and ROX1 transcription during hypoxia...
- Dewhurst Maridor G, Abegg D, David F, Rougemont J, Scott C, Adibekian A, et al. The SAGA complex, together with transcription factors and the endocytic protein Rvs167p, coordinates the reprofiling of gene expression in response to changes in sterol composition in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2017;28:2637-2649 pubmed publisher
- Vik A -, Rine J. Upc2p and Ecm22p, dual regulators of sterol biosynthesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:6395-405 pubmed..We found that the paralogous transcription factors Upc2p and Ecm22p of yeast were sterol regulatory element (SRE) binding proteins (SREBPs) responsible for regulating ..
- Davies B, Wang H, Rine J. Dual activators of the sterol biosynthetic pathway of Saccharomyces cerevisiae: similar activation/regulatory domains but different response mechanisms. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:7375-85 pubmed..Two transcription factors, Upc2p and Ecm22p, bind to the promoters of most ergosterol biosynthetic (ERG) genes, including ERG2 and ERG3, and ..
- Sullivan D, Georgiev A, Menon A. Tritium suicide selection identifies proteins involved in the uptake and intracellular transport of sterols in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Eukaryot Cell. 2009;8:161-9 pubmed publisher..We used Upc2-1 cells that have the ability to take up sterols under aerobic conditions and exploited the observation that ..
- Woods K, HÃ¶fken T. The zinc cluster proteins Upc2 and Ecm22 promote filamentation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae by sterol biosynthesis-dependent and -independent pathways. Mol Microbiol. 2016;99:512-27 pubmed publisher..Here, we examine the role of the related transcription factors Ecm22 and Upc2 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae filamentation...
- Marie C, Leyde S, White T. Cytoplasmic localization of sterol transcription factors Upc2p and Ecm22p in S. cerevisiae. Fungal Genet Biol. 2008;45:1430-8 pubmed publisherErgosterol homeostasis is a critical process for fungal cells. Paralogous zinc cluster transcription factors Upc2p and Ecm22p are major regulators of ergosterol biosynthesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae...