Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ULS1
Description: translocase ULS1
Alias: DIS1, RIS1, TID4, translocase ULS1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Shirai C, Mizuta K. SUMO mediates interaction of Ebp2p, the yeast homolog of Epstein-Barr virus nuclear antigen 1-binding protein 2, with a RING finger protein Ris1p. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2008;72:1881-6 pubmed..A SUMO-binding motif of Ris1p was required for interaction with Ebp2p. These results suggest that SUMO mediates the interaction between Ebp2p and SUMO related proteins and that Ebp2p switches its interaction partners via sumoylation. ..
- Parnas O, Amishay R, Liefshitz B, Zipin Roitman A, Kupiec M. Elg1, the major subunit of an alternative RFC complex, interacts with SUMO-processing proteins. Cell Cycle. 2011;10:2894-903 pubmed..Thus our results highlight the many important roles played by Elg1, some of which are PCNA-dependent and some PCNA-independent. ..
- Tan W, Wang Z, Prelich G. Physical and Genetic Interactions Between Uls1 and the Slx5-Slx8 SUMO-Targeted Ubiquitin Ligase. G3 (Bethesda). 2013;3:771-780 pubmed publisher..pathways, a screen was performed for high-copy suppressors of mot1-301, yielding three genes (MOT3, MIT1, and ULS1)...
- Alonso A, D Silva S, Rahman M, Meluh P, Keeling J, Meednu N, et al. The yeast homologue of the microtubule-associated protein Lis1 interacts with the sumoylation machinery and a SUMO-targeted ubiquitin ligase. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:4552-66 pubmed publisher..Both Pac1p and Bik1p interact with the STUbL Nis1p-Ris1p and the protease Wss1p. Strains deleted for RIS1 or WSS1 accumulate Pac1p conjugates...
- Kramarz K, Litwin I, Cal Bakowska M, Szakal B, Branzei D, Wysocki R, et al. Swi2/Snf2-like protein Uls1 functions in the Sgs1-dependent pathway of maintenance of rDNA stability and alleviation of replication stress. DNA Repair (Amst). 2014;21:24-35 pubmed publisherThe Saccharomyces cerevisiae Uls1 belongs to the Swi2/Snf2 family of DNA-dependent ATPases and a new protein family of SUMO-targeted ubiquitin ligases...
- Chi P, Kwon Y, Visnapuu M, Lam I, Santa Maria S, Zheng X, et al. Analyses of the yeast Rad51 recombinase A265V mutant reveal different in vivo roles of Swi2-like factors. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:6511-22 pubmed publisher..Additionally, we show that a third Swi2-like factor, Uls1, contributes toward Rad51 clearance from chromatin in the absence of Rad54 and Rdh54, and define a hierarchy of ..
- Lescasse R, Pobiega S, Callebaut I, Marcand S. End-joining inhibition at telomeres requires the translocase and polySUMO-dependent ubiquitin ligase Uls1. EMBO J. 2013;32:805-15 pubmed publisher..In budding yeast, binding of Rap1 to telomere repeats establishes NHEJ inhibition. Here, we show that the Uls1 protein is required for the maintenance of NHEJ inhibition at telomeres...
- Tosti E, Katakowski J, Schaetzlein S, Kim H, Ryan C, Shales M, et al. Evolutionarily conserved genetic interactions with budding and fission yeast MutS identify orthologous relationships in mismatch repair-deficient cancer cells. Genome Med. 2014;6:68 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we provide novel insights into the genome maintenance functions of a critical DNA repair complex and propose a promising targeted treatment for MMR deficient tumors. ..