Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: UFE1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Meiringer C, Rethmeier R, Auffarth K, Wilson J, Perz A, Barlowe C, et al. The Dsl1 protein tethering complex is a resident endoplasmic reticulum complex, which interacts with five soluble NSF (N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor) attachment protein receptors (SNAREs): implications for fusion and fusion regulation. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:25039-46 pubmed publisher..It forms a stable complex with the SNAREs Ufe1, Use1, and Sec20 to mediate fusion of COPI vesicles with the endoplasmic reticulum...
- Braun S, Jentsch S. SM-protein-controlled ER-associated degradation discriminates between different SNAREs. EMBO Rep. 2007;8:1176-82 pubmed..Here we show that the yeast ER-SNARE Ufe1, a syntaxin (Qa-SNARE) involved in ER membrane fusion and retrograde transport from the Golgi to the ER, is prone ..
- Kamena F, Diefenbacher M, Kilchert C, Schwarz H, Spang A. Ypt1p is essential for retrograde Golgi-ER transport and for Golgi maintenance in S. cerevisiae. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:1293-302 pubmed publisher..Moreover, Ypt1p and the ER-resident t-SNARE Ufe1p interact genetically and biochemically, indicating a role for Ypt1p in consumption of COPI vesicles at the ER...
- Taxis C, Vogel F, Wolf D. ER-golgi traffic is a prerequisite for efficient ER degradation. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:1806-18 pubmed
- Lee M, Ko Y, Moon Y, Han M, Kim H, Lee S, et al. SNAREs support atlastin-mediated homotypic ER fusion in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Biol. 2015;210:451-70 pubmed publisher..of SNAREs in Sey1p-dependent ER fusion was further supported by the physical interaction of Sey1p with Sec22p and Ufe1p, another ER SNARE...
- Diefenbacher M, Thorsteinsdóttir H, Spang A. The Dsl1 tethering complex actively participates in soluble NSF (N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor) attachment protein receptor (SNARE) complex assembly at the endoplasmic reticulum in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:25027-38 pubmed publisher..We provide evidence for a direct role of the Dsl1 complex, in particular Tip20p, in the formation and stabilization of ER SNARE complexes. ..
- Kraynack B, Chan A, Rosenthal E, Essid M, Umansky B, Waters M, et al. Dsl1p, Tip20p, and the novel Dsl3(Sec39) protein are required for the stability of the Q/t-SNARE complex at the endoplasmic reticulum in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:3963-77 pubmed..quot; The complex also includes the Q/t-SNARE proteins, Use1p, Sec20p, and Ufe1p, integral membrane proteins that constitute the trimeric acceptor for R/v-SNAREs on Golgi-derived vesicles at the ..
- Rogers J, Arlow T, Inkellis E, Koo T, Rose M. ER-associated SNAREs and Sey1p mediate nuclear fusion at two distinct steps during yeast mating. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:3896-908 pubmed publisher..Here we demonstrate that the ER-localized SNAREs Sec20p, Ufe1p, Use1p, and Bos1p are required for efficient nuclear fusion...
- Sato B, Hampton R. Yeast Derlin Dfm1 interacts with Cdc48 and functions in ER homeostasis. Yeast. 2006;23:1053-64 pubmed..Furthermore, Dfm1p interacts with Cdc48p through its SHP boxes, and so defines a new motif for interaction with this widely-employed AAA-ATPase. ..
- Yamaguchi T, Dulubova I, Min S, Chen X, Rizo J, Sudhof T. Sly1 binds to Golgi and ER syntaxins via a conserved N-terminal peptide motif. Dev Cell. 2002;2:295-305 pubmed..involved in Golgi and ER fusion, binds to a short, evolutionarily conserved N-terminal peptide of Sed5p and Ufe1p in yeast and of syntaxins 5 and 18 in vertebrates...