Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: UBA4
Alias: YHR1, Uba4p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Noma A, Sakaguchi Y, Suzuki T. Mechanistic characterization of the sulfur-relay system for eukaryotic 2-thiouridine biogenesis at tRNA wobble positions. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009;37:1335-52 pubmed publisher..The carboxy-terminus of Urm1p was activated as an acyl-adenylate (-COAMP), then thiocarboxylated (-COSH) by Uba4p. The activated thiocarboxylate can be utilized in the subsequent reactions for 2-thiouridine formation, mediated ..
- Han L, Kon Y, Phizicky E. Functional importance of Î¨38 and Î¨39 in distinct tRNAs, amplified for tRNAGln(UUG) by unexpected temperature sensitivity of the s2U modification in yeast. RNA. 2015;21:188-201 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence for important roles of both Î¨38 and Î¨39 in specific tRNAs, and establish that modification of the wobble position is subject to change under relatively mild growth conditions. ..
- JÃ¼des A, Ebert F, BÃ¤r C, ThÃ¼ring K, Harrer A, Klassen R, et al. Urmylation and tRNA thiolation functions of ubiquitin-like Uba4Â·Urm1 systems are conserved from yeast to man. FEBS Lett. 2015;589:904-9 pubmed publisherThe ubiquitin-like protein Urm1 from budding yeast and its E1-like activator Uba4 have dual roles in protein urmylation and tRNA thiolation pathways...
- Klassen R, Grunewald P, ThÃ¼ring K, Eichler C, Helm M, Schaffrath R. Loss of anticodon wobble uridine modifications affects tRNA(Lys) function and protein levels in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0119261 pubmed publisher..which disable mcm5 side chain formation, or removal of components of the thiolation pathway (Ncs2/Ncs6, Urm1, Uba4) are individually tolerated, the combination of both modification defects has been reported to have lethal effects ..
- Amerik AYu -, Swaminathan S, Krantz B, Wilkinson K, Hochstrasser M. In vivo disassembly of free polyubiquitin chains by yeast Ubp14 modulates rates of protein degradation by the proteasome. EMBO J. 1997;16:4826-38 pubmed..We propose that Ubp14 and isopeptidase T facilitate proteolysis in vivo by preventing unanchored ubiquitin chains from competitively inhibiting polyubiquitin-substrate binding to the 26S proteasome. ..
- Laxman S, Tu B. Multiple TORC1-associated proteins regulate nitrogen starvation-dependent cellular differentiation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26081 pubmed publisher..Our studies also suggest the CEN.PK strain background of S. cerevisiae may be particularly useful for investigations of nitrogen starvation-induced diploid pseudohyphal growth. ..
- Jaquenoud M, Gulli M, Peter K, Peter M. The Cdc42p effector Gic2p is targeted for ubiquitin-dependent degradation by the SCFGrr1 complex. EMBO J. 1998;17:5360-73 pubmed..Finally, our data indicate that degradation of Gic2p may be part of a mechanism which restricts cytoskeletal polarization in the G1 phase of the cell cycle. ..