Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TUB3
Description: alpha-tubulin TUB3
Alias: alpha-tubulin TUB3
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Guenette S, Magendantz M, Solomon F. Suppression of a conditional mutation in alpha-tubulin by overexpression of two checkpoint genes. J Cell Sci. 1995;108 ( Pt 3):1195-204 pubmed..libraries repeatedly identified three different suppressors: the two wild-type alpha-tubulin genes, TUB1 and TUB3; and BUB3...
- Farkasovsky M, Küntzel H. Cortical Num1p interacts with the dynein intermediate chain Pac11p and cytoplasmic microtubules in budding yeast. J Cell Biol. 2001;152:251-62 pubmed..In addition, Num1p may transiently cooperate with an associated Bni1p-Kar9p complex at the bud tip of early anaphase cells. ..
- Saunders W, Hornack D, Lengyel V, Deng C. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae kinesin-related motor Kar3p acts at preanaphase spindle poles to limit the number and length of cytoplasmic microtubules. J Cell Biol. 1997;137:417-31 pubmed..polymerization inhibitors nocodazol or benomyl to the medium or deletion of the nonessential alpha-tubulin TUB3 gene can mostly correct the abnormal microtubule arrays and other growth defects of kar3 mutants, suggesting that ..
- Chen X, Yin H, Huffaker T. The yeast spindle pole body component Spc72p interacts with Stu2p and is required for proper microtubule assembly. J Cell Biol. 1998;141:1169-79 pubmed..The chromosome segregation block does not arrest the cell cycle; instead, spc72 cells undergo cytokinesis, producing aploid cells and polyploid cells that contain multiple SPBs. ..
- Feierbach B, Nogales E, Downing K, Stearns T. Alf1p, a CLIP-170 domain-containing protein, is functionally and physically associated with alpha-tubulin. J Cell Biol. 1999;144:113-24 pubmed..The phenotype of overexpression of ALF1 suggests that Alf1p can act to sequester alpha-tubulin from interaction with beta-tubulin, raising the possibility that it plays a regulatory role in the formation of the tubulin heterodimer. ..
- Lacefield S, Solomon F. A novel step in beta-tubulin folding is important for heterodimer formation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2003;165:531-41 pubmed..Importantly, plp1Delta cells that also lack Pac10, a component of the GimC/PFD complex, are even less affected by free beta-tubulin. Our results suggest that Plp1p defines a novel early step in beta-tubulin folding. ..
- Beilharz T, Harrison P, Miles D, See M, Le U, Kalanon M, et al. Coordination of Cell Cycle Progression and Mitotic Spindle Assembly Involves Histone H3 Lysine 4 Methylation by Set1/COMPASS. Genetics. 2017;205:185-199 pubmed publisher..strains was accompanied by deregulation of all four tubulin genes and the phenotype was suppressed by tub2-423 and ?tub3 mutations, establishing a genetic link between H3K4 methylation and microtubule function...
- Makanae K, Kintaka R, Makino T, Kitano H, Moriya H. Identification of dosage-sensitive genes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae using the genetic tug-of-war method. Genome Res. 2013;23:300-11 pubmed publisher..The results obtained in this study will provide basic knowledge about the physiology of chromosomal abnormalities and the evolution of chromosomal composition. ..
- Sproul L, Anderson D, Mackey A, Saunders W, Gilbert S. Cik1 targets the minus-end kinesin depolymerase kar3 to microtubule plus ends. Curr Biol. 2005;15:1420-7 pubmed..We propose that Cik1 targets Kar3 to the microtubule plus end. Kar3Cik1 then uses its minus-end-directed force to depolymerize microtubules from the plus end, with each tubulin-subunit release event tightly coupled to one ATP turnover. ..
- Lee M, Spencer F. Bipolar orientation of chromosomes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae is monitored by Mad1 and Mad2, but not by Mad3. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:10655-60 pubmed..Cells without MAD3 were checkpoint-proficient. We conclude that Mad1 and Mad2 are required to detect bipolar orientation and/or tension at kinetochores, whereas Mad3 is not. ..
- Markus S, Punch J, Lee W. Motor- and tail-dependent targeting of dynein to microtubule plus ends and the cell cortex. Curr Biol. 2009;19:196-205 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the cortical association domain is normally masked in the full-length dynein molecule. We propose that targeting of dynein to plus ends unmasks the tail, priming the motor for off-loading to cortical Num1 sites. ..
- Richards K, Anders K, Nogales E, Schwartz K, Downing K, Botstein D. Structure-function relationships in yeast tubulins. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:1887-903 pubmed