Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TSC11
Description: TORC2 complex subunit TSC11
Alias: AVO3, TORC2 complex subunit TSC11
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Loewith R, Jacinto E, Wullschleger S, Lorberg A, Crespo J, Bonenfant D, et al. Two TOR complexes, only one of which is rapamycin sensitive, have distinct roles in cell growth control. Mol Cell. 2002;10:457-68 pubmed..TORC2 contains TOR2, AVO1 (YOL078w), AVO2 (YMR068w), AVO3 (YER093c), and LST8...
- Liao H, Chen M. Target of rapamycin complex 2 signals to downstream effector yeast protein kinase 2 (Ypk2) through adheres-voraciously-to-target-of-rapamycin-2 protein 1 (Avo1) in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:6089-99 pubmed publisher..Employing avo3(ts) mutants with defects in TORC2 functions that are suppressible by active Ypk2, we investigated the molecular ..
- Muir A, Roelants F, Timmons G, Leskoske K, Thorner J. Down-regulation of TORC2-Ypk1 signaling promotes MAPK-independent survival under hyperosmotic stress. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..These events are all Hog1-independent. Our findings define the underlying molecular basis of a new mechanism for responding to hypertonic conditions. ..
- Nomura W, Inoue Y. Methylglyoxal activates the target of rapamycin complex 2-protein kinase C signaling pathway in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2015;35:1269-80 pubmed publisher..Methylglyoxal activated mammalian TORC2 signaling, which, in turn, phosphorylated Akt at Ser(473). Our results suggest that methylglyoxal is a conserved initiator of TORC2 signaling among eukaryotes. ..
- Ho H, Lee H, Liao H, Chen M. Involvement of Saccharomyces cerevisiae Avo3p/Tsc11p in maintaining TOR complex 2 integrity and coupling to downstream signaling. Eukaryot Cell. 2008;7:1328-43 pubmed publisher..Two classes of avo3 temperature-sensitive (avo3(ts)) mutants that we previously identified display cell integrity and actin defects, ..
- Reinke A, Anderson S, McCaffery J, Yates J, Aronova S, Chu S, et al. TOR complex 1 includes a novel component, Tco89p (YPL180w), and cooperates with Ssd1p to maintain cellular integrity in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:14752-62 pubmed..Together, these results define a novel connection between TORC1 and Ssd1p-mediated maintenance of cellular integrity. ..
- Wedaman K, Reinke A, Anderson S, Yates J, McCaffery J, Powers T. Tor kinases are in distinct membrane-associated protein complexes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:1204-20 pubmed..That these complexes colocalize to a membrane-bound compartment suggests an intimate relationship between membrane-mediated signaling and Tor activity. ..