Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TSA1
Description: thioredoxin peroxidase TSA1
Alias: TPX1, ZRG14, thioredoxin peroxidase TSA1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Chae H, Kim I, Kim K, Rhee S. Cloning, sequencing, and mutation of thiol-specific antioxidant gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:16815-21 pubmed..This result suggests that TSA is a physiologically important antioxidant. ..
- Sideri T, Stojanovski K, Tuite M, Grant C. Ribosome-associated peroxiredoxins suppress oxidative stress-induced de novo formation of the [PSI+] prion in yeast. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:6394-9 pubmed publisher..Peroxiredoxins (Prxs) are ubiquitous antioxidants that protect cells against oxidative stress. We show that the yeast Tsa1/Tsa2 Prxs colocalize to ribosomes and function to protect the Sup35 translation termination factor against ..
- Iraqui I, Kienda G, Soeur J, Faye G, Baldacci G, Kolodner R, et al. Peroxiredoxin Tsa1 is the key peroxidase suppressing genome instability and protecting against cell death in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000524 pubmed publisher..role of the five Prxs in budding yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae, we performed a comparative study and found that Tsa1 was distinguished from the other Prxs in that by itself it played a key role in maintaining genome stability and in ..
- Lim J, Choi H, Park Y, Nam H, Woo H, Kwon K, et al. Irreversible oxidation of the active-site cysteine of peroxiredoxin to cysteine sulfonic acid for enhanced molecular chaperone activity. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:28873-80 pubmed publisher..In this study, we identify an irreversibly hyperoxidized Prx, Tsa1p-SO(3)H, with enhanced molecular chaperone activity and suggest that Tsa1p-SO(3)H is a marker of cumulative oxidative stress in cells. ..
- Trotter E, Rand J, Vickerstaff J, Grant C. The yeast Tsa1 peroxiredoxin is a ribosome-associated antioxidant. Biochem J. 2008;412:73-80 pubmed publisherThe yeast Tsa1 peroxiredoxin, like other 2-Cys peroxiredoxins, has dual activities as a peroxidase and as a molecular chaperone...
- Wong C, Zhou Y, Ng R, Kung Hf H, Jin D. Cooperation of yeast peroxiredoxins Tsa1p and Tsa2p in the cellular defense against oxidative and nitrosative stress. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:5385-94 pubmed..Here we report on the functional characterization of yeast tsa2Delta mutants and the comparison of TSA1 with TSA2. The tsa2Delta and tsa1Delta tsa2Delta cells grew normally under aerobic conditions...
- Watanabe T, Irokawa H, Ogasawara A, Iwai K, Kuge S. Requirement of peroxiredoxin on the stationary phase of yeast cell growth. J Toxicol Sci. 2014;39:51-8 pubmed..Among the five Prx family proteins, Tsa1 and Ahp1 have the highest and second-highest expression levels, respectively...
- Park S, Cha M, Jeong W, Kim I. Distinct physiological functions of thiol peroxidase isoenzymes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:5723-32 pubmed
- Tachibana T, Okazaki S, Murayama A, Naganuma A, Nomoto A, Kuge S. A major peroxiredoxin-induced activation of Yap1 transcription factor is mediated by reduction-sensitive disulfide bonds and reveals a low level of transcriptional activation. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:4464-72 pubmed publisher..We previously reported that Tsa1, a major peroxiredoxin in yeast cells, is required for activation of Yap1 in a widely used yeast strain, W303-1b, ..
- Chae H, Chung S, Rhee S. Thioredoxin-dependent peroxide reductase from yeast. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:27670-8 pubmed..The Saccharomyces cerevisiae thioredoxin reductase gene was also cloned and sequenced, and the deduced amino sequence was shown to be 51% identical with that of the Escherichia coli enzyme. ..
- Jang H, Lee K, Chi Y, Jung B, Park S, Park J, et al. Two enzymes in one; two yeast peroxiredoxins display oxidative stress-dependent switching from a peroxidase to a molecular chaperone function. Cell. 2004;117:625-35 pubmed..The chaperone function of these proteins enhances yeast resistance to heat shock. ..
- Tairum C, de Oliveira M, Horta B, Zara F, Netto L. Disulfide biochemistry in 2-cys peroxiredoxin: requirement of Glu50 and Arg146 for the reduction of yeast Tsa1 by thioredoxin. J Mol Biol. 2012;424:28-41 pubmed publisher..Therefore, during its catalytic cycle, 2-Cys Prx alternates between two states, locally unfolded and fully folded. Tsa1 (thiol-specific antioxidant protein 1 from yeast) is by far the most abundant Cys-based peroxidase in Saccharomyces ..
- Sideri T, Koloteva Levine N, Tuite M, Grant C. Methionine oxidation of Sup35 protein induces formation of the [PSI+] prion in a yeast peroxiredoxin mutant. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:38924-31 pubmed publisher..We have previously shown that in cells lacking the antioxidant peroxiredoxin proteins Tsa1 and Tsa2, the frequency of de novo formation of [PSI(+)] is greatly elevated...
- Naticchia M, Brown H, Garcia F, Lamade A, Justice S, Herrin R, et al. Bifunctional electrophiles cross-link thioredoxins with redox relay partners in cells. Chem Res Toxicol. 2013;26:490-7 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that the peroxiredoxin Tsa1 and the thioredoxin reductase Trr1, both of which function in a redox relay network with thioredoxin, become cross-..
- Huang K, Filarsky M, Padula M, Raftery M, Herbert B, Wilkins M. Micropreparative fractionation of the complexome by blue native continuous elution electrophoresis. Proteomics. 2009;9:2494-502 pubmed publisher..We illustrate the utility of the technique in the analysis of Saccharomyces cerevisiae cellular lysate. ..
- Tio L, Pagani M, Atrian S. Drosophila proteins interacting with metallothioneins: a metal-dependent recognition. Proteomics. 2009;9:2568-77 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, new perspectives to investigate the often hypothesized contribution of MTs to the redox physiological networks are open. ..
- Fan X, Martin Brown S, Florens L, Li R. Intrinsic capability of budding yeast cofilin to promote turnover of tropomyosin-bound actin filaments. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3641 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that yeast cofilin has the intrinsic ability to promote actin cable turnover, and that the severing activity may rely on its ability to bind Tpm1. ..
- Park Y, Han G, Mileykovskaya E, Garrett T, Carman G. Altered Lipid Synthesis by Lack of Yeast Pah1 Phosphatidate Phosphatase Reduces Chronological Life Span. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:25382-94 pubmed publisher..Consequently, the pah1Î” mutant had a shortened chronological life span. In addition, the loss of Tsa1 thioredoxin peroxidase caused a synthetic growth defect with the pah1Î” mutation...
- Lin H, Li L, Jia X, Ward D, Kaplan J. Genetic and biochemical analysis of high iron toxicity in yeast: iron toxicity is due to the accumulation of cytosolic iron and occurs under both aerobic and anaerobic conditions. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:3851-62 pubmed publisher..Deletion of TSA1, which encodes a peroxiredoxin, exacerbated iron toxicity in ?ccc1 cells under both aerobic and anaerobic ..
- Fomenko D, Koc A, Agisheva N, Jacobsen M, Kaya A, Malinouski M, et al. Thiol peroxidases mediate specific genome-wide regulation of gene expression in response to hydrogen peroxide. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:2729-34 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that thiol peroxidases sense and transfer oxidative signals to the signaling proteins and regulate transcription, whereas a direct interaction between H(2)O(2) and other cellular proteins plays a secondary role. ..
- Noichri Y, Palais G, Ruby V, D Autréaux B, Delaunay Moisan A, NystrÃ¶m T, et al. In vivo parameters influencing 2-Cys Prx oligomerization: The role of enzyme sulfinylation. Redox Biol. 2015;6:326-33 pubmed publisher..cerevisiae 2-Cys Prx Tsa1 and derivative Tsa1 mutants or genetic conditions known to inactivate peroxidase or chaperone activity or altering ..
- Weids A, Grant C. The yeast peroxiredoxin Tsa1 protects against protein-aggregate-induced oxidative stress. J Cell Sci. 2014;127:1327-35 pubmed publisher..b>Tsa1 is the major yeast peroxiredoxin and we show that it functions as a specific antioxidant to protect the cell ..
- MacDiarmid C, Taggart J, Kerdsomboon K, Kubisiak M, Panascharoen S, Schelble K, et al. Peroxiredoxin chaperone activity is critical for protein homeostasis in zinc-deficient yeast. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:31313-27 pubmed publisher..One Zap1 target gene encodes the Tsa1 peroxiredoxin, a protein with both peroxidase and protein chaperone activities...
- Yoon H, Zhang Y, Pain J, Lyver E, Lesuisse E, Pain D, et al. Rim2, a pyrimidine nucleotide exchanger, is needed for iron utilization in mitochondria. Biochem J. 2011;440:137-46 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that Rim2 is a pyrimidine exchanger with an additional unique function in promoting mitochondrial iron utilization. ..
- Timmermann B, Jarolim S, Russmayer H, Kerick M, Michel S, Krüger A, et al. A new dominant peroxiredoxin allele identified by whole-genome re-sequencing of random mutagenized yeast causes oxidant-resistance and premature aging. Aging (Albany NY). 2010;2:475-86 pubmed..Thus, TSA1-B7 encodes for a novel dominant form of peroxiredoxin, and establishes a new connection between oxidative stress ..
- Vignols F, Bréhélin C, Surdin Kerjan Y, Thomas D, Meyer Y. A yeast two-hybrid knockout strain to explore thioredoxin-interacting proteins in vivo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:16729-34 pubmed..TRX introduced as bait, interact with known TRX targets or putative partners such as yeast peroxiredoxins AHP1 and TSA1, whereas the same interactions cannot be detected in classical Y2H strains...
- Wu C, Steffen J, Eide D. Cytosolic superoxide dismutase (SOD1) is critical for tolerating the oxidative stress of zinc deficiency in yeast. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7061 pubmed publisher..Previous studies of this yeast indicated that the Tsa1 peroxiredoxin is required for optimal growth in low zinc because of its role in degrading H(2)O(2)...
- Hanzén S, Vielfort K, Yang J, Roger F, Andersson V, Zamarbide Forés S, et al. Lifespan Control by Redox-Dependent Recruitment of Chaperones to Misfolded Proteins. Cell. 2016;166:140-51 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that increased dosage of the major cytosolic Prx in yeast, Tsa1, extends lifespan in an Hsp70 chaperone-dependent and CR-independent manner without increasing H2O2 scavenging or ..
- Ragu S, Dardalhon M, Sharma S, Iraqui I, Buhagiar LabarchÃ¨de G, Grondin V, et al. Loss of the thioredoxin reductase Trr1 suppresses the genomic instability of peroxiredoxin tsa1 mutants. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e108123 pubmed publisherThe absence of Tsa1, a key peroxiredoxin that scavenges H2O2 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae, causes the accumulation of a broad spectrum of mutations...
- Diab H, Kane P. Loss of vacuolar H+-ATPase (V-ATPase) activity in yeast generates an iron deprivation signal that is moderated by induction of the peroxiredoxin TSA2. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:11366-77 pubmed publisher..This represents a new mechanism bridging the antioxidant and iron-regulatory pathways that is intimately linked to pH homeostasis. ..
- Fujiwara H, Kawai S, Murata K. Significance of sulfiredoxin/peroxiredoxin and mitochondrial respiratory chain in response to and protection from 100% O(2) in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mitochondrion. 2013;13:52-8 pubmed publisher..Sulfiredoxin has a role in restoring the abundant peroxiredoxin, Tsa1. Tsa1 was indispensable for protection from 100% O(2) in the presence of antimycin A, an inhibitor of complex III ..
- Ogusucu R, Rettori D, Munhoz D, Netto L, Augusto O. Reactions of yeast thioredoxin peroxidases I and II with hydrogen peroxide and peroxynitrite: rate constants by competitive kinetics. Free Radic Biol Med. 2007;42:326-34 pubmed..have been in the range of 10(4)-10(5) M(-1) s(-1), including those for cytosolic thioredoxin peroxidases I (Tsa1) and II (Tsa2) from Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- Schmidt K, Wu J, Kolodner R. Control of translocations between highly diverged genes by Sgs1, the Saccharomyces cerevisiae homolog of the Bloom's syndrome protein. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:5406-20 pubmed..The translocation structures observed suggest involvement of a dicentric intermediate and break-induced replication with multiple cycles of DNA template switching. ..
- Lee S, Park J. Thermosensitive phenotype of yeast mutant lacking thioredoxin peroxidase. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1998;359:99-106 pubmed..These results suggest that TPx may play a direct role in cellular defense against heat shock, presumably functioning as an antioxidant protein. ..
- Irokawa H, Tachibana T, Watanabe T, Matsuyama Y, Motohashi H, Ogasawara A, et al. Redox-dependent Regulation of Gluconeogenesis by a Novel Mechanism Mediated by a Peroxidatic Cysteine of Peroxiredoxin. Sci Rep. 2016;6:33536 pubmed publisher..In this study, we discovered that Tsa1, a major peroxiredoxin of budding yeast cells, is required for the efficient flux of gluconeogenesis...
- Lu J, Vallabhaneni H, Yin J, Liu Y. Deletion of the major peroxiredoxin Tsa1 alters telomere length homeostasis. Aging Cell. 2013;12:635-44 pubmed publisher..Using a yeast strain defective in the major peroxiredoxin Tsa1 that is involved in ROS neutralization, we have investigated the effect of defective ROS detoxification on telomere ..
- Demasi A, Pereira G, Netto L. Yeast oxidative stress response. Influences of cytosolic thioredoxin peroxidase I and of the mitochondrial functional state. FEBS J. 2006;273:805-16 pubmed..Therefore, we propose that cTPxI is specifically important in the protection of yeast with mitochondrial dysfunction due to its functional versatility as an antioxidant, chaperone and modulator of gene expression. ..
- Allan K, Loberg M, Chepngeno J, Hurtig J, Tripathi S, Kang M, et al. Trapping redox partnerships in oxidant-sensitive proteins with a small, thiol-reactive cross-linker. Free Radic Biol Med. 2016;101:356-366 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that DVSF is of potential use as a chemical tool for irreversibly trapping and discovering thiol-based redox partnerships within cells. ..