Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TRF5
Description: non-canonical poly(A) polymerase TRF5
Alias: non-canonical poly(A) polymerase TRF5
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Klauer A, van Hoof A. Genetic interactions suggest multiple distinct roles of the arch and core helicase domains of Mtr4 in Rrp6 and exosome function. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:533-41 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that the arch domain of Ski2, the cytoplasmic counterpart of Mtr4, is required for Ski2's function, thereby confirming that the arch domains of these cofactors function independently of Rrp6. ..
- Wery M, Ruidant S, Schillewaert S, Leporé N, Lafontaine D. The nuclear poly(A) polymerase and Exosome cofactor Trf5 is recruited cotranscriptionally to nucleolar surveillance. RNA. 2009;15:406-19 pubmed publisher..b>Trf5 colocalized with nascent pre-rRNPs, indicating that this nucleolar surveillance initiates cotranscriptionally.
- Wang Z, Castaño I, De Las Penas A, Adams C, Christman M. Pol kappa: A DNA polymerase required for sister chromatid cohesion. Science. 2000;289:774-9 pubmed..A double mutant in the redundant homologs, TRF4 and TRF5, is unable to complete S phase, whereas a trf4 single mutant completes a presumably defective S phase that results ..
- Vanacova S, Wolf J, Martin G, Blank D, Dettwiler S, Friedlein A, et al. A new yeast poly(A) polymerase complex involved in RNA quality control. PLoS Biol. 2005;3:e189 pubmed..This polyadenylation-mediated RNA surveillance resembles the role of polyadenylation in bacterial RNA turnover. ..
- Houseley J, Tollervey D. Yeast Trf5p is a nuclear poly(A) polymerase. EMBO Rep. 2006;7:205-11 pubmed..Trf5p co-purified with Mtr4p and Air1p, indicating that it forms a complex, designated TRAMP5, that has functions that partially overlap with the TRAMP complex. ..
- Grzechnik P, Kufel J. Polyadenylation linked to transcription termination directs the processing of snoRNA precursors in yeast. Mol Cell. 2008;32:247-58 pubmed publisher..We propose a model in which polyadenylation of pre-snoRNAs is a key event linking their transcription termination, 3' end processing, and degradation. ..
- LaCava J, Houseley J, Saveanu C, Petfalski E, Thompson E, Jacquier A, et al. RNA degradation by the exosome is promoted by a nuclear polyadenylation complex. Cell. 2005;121:713-24 pubmed..We speculate that this function was maintained in eukaryotic nuclei, while cytoplasmic mRNA poly(A) tails acquired different roles in translation. ..
- Holub P, Lalakova J, Cerná H, Pasulka J, Sarazova M, Hrazdilova K, et al. Air2p is critical for the assembly and RNA-binding of the TRAMP complex and the KOW domain of Mtr4p is crucial for exosome activation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:5679-93 pubmed publisher..Finally, we uncover the RNA binding part of the Mtr4p arch, the KOW domain, as the essential component for TRAMP-mediated exosome activation. ..
- Edwards S, Li C, Levy D, Brown J, Snow P, Campbell J. Saccharomyces cerevisiae DNA polymerase epsilon and polymerase sigma interact physically and functionally, suggesting a role for polymerase epsilon in sister chromatid cohesion. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:2733-48 pubmed..sigma), a recently identified, essential nuclear nucleotidyl transferase encoded by two redundant genes, TRF4 and TRF5. This interaction is functional, since Pol sigma stimulates the polymerase activity of the Pol epsilon holoenzyme ..
- Haracska L, Johnson R, Prakash L, Prakash S. Trf4 and Trf5 proteins of Saccharomyces cerevisiae exhibit poly(A) RNA polymerase activity but no DNA polymerase activity. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:10183-9 pubmedThe Saccharomyces cerevisiae Trf4 and Trf5 proteins are members of a distinct family of eukaryotic DNA polymerase beta-like nucleotidyltransferases, and a template-dependent DNA polymerase activity has been reported for Trf4...
- Stuparevic I, Mosrin Huaman C, Hervouet Coste N, Remenaric M, Rahmouni A. Cotranscriptional recruitment of RNA exosome cofactors Rrp47p and Mpp6p and two distinct Trf-Air-Mtr4 polyadenylation (TRAMP) complexes assists the exonuclease Rrp6p in the targeting and degradation of an aberrant messenger ribonucleoprotein particle. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:31816-29 pubmed publisher..Together, our results provide an integrated view of how different cofactors of the RNA degradation machinery cooperate to target and eliminate aberrant mRNPs...
- Leung E, Schneider C, Yan F, Mohi El Din H, Kudla G, Tuck A, et al. Integrity of SRP RNA is ensured by La and the nuclear RNA quality control machinery. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:10698-710 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the RNA surveillance machinery has key roles in both SRP biogenesis and quality control of the RNA, potentially facilitating the decision between these alternative fates. ..
- Dez C, Dlakic M, Tollervey D. Roles of the HEAT repeat proteins Utp10 and Utp20 in 40S ribosome maturation. RNA. 2007;13:1516-27 pubmed..8S rRNAs. The absence of the poly(A) polymerase Trf5, a component of the TRAMP5 complex and exosome cofactor, led to stabilization of the aberrant 23S RNA in strains ..
- Losh J, King A, Bakelar J, Taylor L, Loomis J, Rosenzweig J, et al. Interaction between the RNA-dependent ATPase and poly(A) polymerase subunits of the TRAMP complex is mediated by short peptides and important for snoRNA processing. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:1848-58 pubmed..RNA-dependent ATPase Mtr4, its cytoplasmic paralog Ski2 and the nuclear non-canonical poly(A) polymerases, Trf4 and Trf5. Mtr4 and either Trf4 or Trf5 assemble into a TRAMP complex...