Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TPI1
Description: triose-phosphate isomerase TPI1
Alias: triose-phosphate isomerase TPI1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Overkamp K, Bakker B, Kötter P, Luttik M, van Dijken J, Pronk J. Metabolic engineering of glycerol production in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2002;68:2814-21 pubmedInactivation of TPI1, the Saccharomyces cerevisiae structural gene encoding triose phosphate isomerase, completely eliminates growth on glucose as the sole carbon source...
- Rozovsky S, McDermott A. Substrate product equilibrium on a reversible enzyme, triosephosphate isomerase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:2080-5 pubmed
- Gulotta M, Qiu L, Desamero R, ROSGEN J, Bolen D, Callender R. Effects of cell volume regulating osmolytes on glycerol 3-phosphate binding to triosephosphate isomerase. Biochemistry. 2007;46:10055-62 pubmed..Results indicate that the conformational shift hypothesis alone does not account for the effects of osmolytes on Km's. ..
- Araiza Olivera D, Chiquete Felix N, Rosas Lemus M, Sampedro J, Pena A, Mújica A, et al. A glycolytic metabolon in Saccharomyces cerevisiae is stabilized by F-actin. FEBS J. 2013;280:3887-905 pubmed publisher..In S. cerevisiae, a glycolytic metabolon appear to assemble in association with F-actin. In this complex, fermentation activity is enhanced and enzymes are partially protected against inhibition by trehalose or by antibodies. ..
- Xu Y, Lorieau J, McDermott A. Triosephosphate isomerase: 15N and 13C chemical shift assignments and conformational change upon ligand binding by magic-angle spinning solid-state NMR spectroscopy. J Mol Biol. 2010;397:233-48 pubmed publisher..These studies identify a number of new sites with particularly clear markers for ligand binding, paving the way for future studies of triosephosphate isomerase dynamics and mechanism. ..