Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TPD3
Description: protein phosphatase 2A structural subunit TPD3
Alias: FUN32, protein phosphatase 2A structural subunit TPD3
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Hombauer H, Weismann D, Mudrak I, Stanzel C, Fellner T, Lackner D, et al. Generation of active protein phosphatase 2A is coupled to holoenzyme assembly. PLoS Biol. 2007;5:e155 pubmed..While it has been assumed that the severe proliferation impairment of yeast lacking the structural PP2A subunit, TPD3, is due to the unrestricted activity of the C subunit, we recently obtained evidence for the existence of the C ..
- Li Y, Wei H, Hsieh T, Pallas D. Cdc55p-mediated E4orf4 growth inhibition in Saccharomyces cerevisiae is mediated only in part via the catalytic subunit of protein phosphatase 2A. J Virol. 2008;82:3612-23 pubmed publisher..They also indicate that Ppm1p has a function other than regulating the assembly of PP2A heterotrimers and suggest that selective PP2A trimer inhibitors and PP6 inhibitors may be useful as adjuvant anticancer therapies. ..
- Gentry M, Hallberg R. Localization of Saccharomyces cerevisiae protein phosphatase 2A subunits throughout mitotic cell cycle. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:3477-92 pubmed..Although Rts1p and Tpd3p required heterotrimer formation to achieve normal localization, Cdc55p achieved its normal localization in the absence of either an A or C subunit. ..
- Zheng Y, Jiang Y. The yeast phosphotyrosyl phosphatase activator is part of the Tap42-phosphatase complexes. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:2119-27 pubmed
- Yasutis K, Vignali M, Ryder M, Tameire F, Dighe S, Fields S, et al. Zds2p regulates Swe1p-dependent polarized cell growth in Saccharomyces cerevisiae via a novel Cdc55p interaction domain. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:4373-86 pubmed publisher..This negative regulation requires the CDC55 gene. Together these data indicate that the Cdc55p/Zds2p module has a function in the regulation of the Swe1p-dependent G2/M checkpoint. ..
- Queralt E, Uhlmann F. Separase cooperates with Zds1 and Zds2 to activate Cdc14 phosphatase in early anaphase. J Cell Biol. 2008;182:873-83 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that these proteins may act as separase-regulated PP2A(Cdc55) inhibitors. ..
- Bastajian N, Friesen H, Andrews B. Bck2 acts through the MADS box protein Mcm1 to activate cell-cycle-regulated genes in budding yeast. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003507 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that Yox1 and Bck2 may compete for access to the Mcm1-ECB scaffold to ensure appropriate activation of the initial suite of genes required for cell cycle commitment. ..
- Mui M, Kucharski M, Miron M, Hur W, Berghuis A, Blanchette P, et al. Identification of the adenovirus E4orf4 protein binding site on the B55? and Cdc55 regulatory subunits of PP2A: Implications for PP2A function, tumor cell killing and viral replication. PLoS Pathog. 2013;9:e1003742 pubmed publisher..Thus E4orf4 toxicity probably represents an artifact of overexpression and does not reflect the evolutionary function of this viral product. ..
- Petty E, Lafon A, Tomlinson S, Mendelsohn B, Pillus L. Promotion of Cell Viability and Histone Gene Expression by the Acetyltransferase Gcn5 and the Protein Phosphatase PP2A in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2016;203:1693-707 pubmed publisher..These data highlight the potential significance of dynamic phosphorylation and dephosphorylation of these deeply conserved histone residues for cell viability. ..
- Nickels J, Broach J. A ceramide-activated protein phosphatase mediates ceramide-induced G1 arrest of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genes Dev. 1996;10:382-94 pubmed..that yeast cells contain a ceramide-activated protein phosphatase composed of regulatory subunits encoded by TPD3 and CDC55 and a catalytic subunit encoded by SIT4...
- Numamoto M, Sasano Y, Hirasaki M, Sugiyama M, Maekawa H, Harashima S. The protein phosphatase Siw14 controls caffeine-induced nuclear localization and phosphorylation of Gln3 via the type 2A protein phosphatases Pph21 and Pph22 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biochem. 2015;157:53-64 pubmed publisher..Taking these results together, we conclude that Siw14 functions upstream of Pph21 and Pph22 as an inhibitor of the phosphorylation and localization of Gln3, and that Sit4 acts independently of Siw14. ..
- Evans D, Hemmings B. Mutation of the C-terminal leucine residue of PP2Ac inhibits PR55/B subunit binding and confers supersensitivity to microtubule destabilization in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Gen Genet. 2000;264:425-32 pubmed
- Bizzari F, Marston A. Cdc55 coordinates spindle assembly and chromosome disjunction during meiosis. J Cell Biol. 2011;193:1213-28 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Cdc55 orders passage through the meiotic divisions by ensuring a balance of phosphatases. ..
- Thai V, Dephoure N, Weiss A, Ferguson J, Leitao R, Gygi S, et al. Protein Kinase C Controls Binding of Igo/ENSA Proteins to Protein Phosphatase 2A in Budding Yeast. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:4925-4941 pubmed publisher..Together, the data suggest that Pkc1 controls PP2ACdc55 by multiple overlapping mechanisms. ..
- Pracheil T, Thornton J, Liu Z. TORC2 signaling is antagonized by protein phosphatase 2A and the Far complex in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2012;190:1325-39 pubmed publisher..Far11, a member of the Far3-7-8-9-10-11 complex involved in pheromone-induced cell cycle arrest, interacts with Tpd3 and Pph21, conserved components of PP2A, and deletions of components of the Far3-7-8-9-10-11 complex and PP2A ..
- Juanes M, Khoueiry R, Kupka T, Castro A, Mudrak I, Ogris E, et al. Budding yeast greatwall and endosulfines control activity and spatial regulation of PP2A(Cdc55) for timely mitotic progression. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003575 pubmed publisher..However, this conserved module is adapted to account for differences in the regulation of mitotic entry in different organisms. ..
- Woodacre A, Lone M, Jablonowski D, Schneiter R, Giorgini F, Schaffrath R. A novel Sit4 phosphatase complex is involved in the response to ceramide stress in yeast. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2013;2013:129645 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Kti12p may play a similar secondary role in the ceramide response. This evidence points to a novel Sit4-dependent regulatory mechanism in response to ceramide stress. ..
- McCourt P, Gallo Ebert C, Gonghong Y, Jiang Y, Nickels J. PP2A(Cdc55) regulates G1 cyclin stability. Cell Cycle. 2013;12:1201-10 pubmed publisher..In sum, our results indicate that PP2A is absolutely required to maintain G1-S cyclin levels through modulating their phosphorylation status, an event necessary to properly transit through the cell cycle. ..