Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TOM1
Description: E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase TOM1
Alias: E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase TOM1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Davey M, Hannam C, Wong C, Brandl C. The yeast peptidyl proline isomerases FPR3 and FPR4, in high copy numbers, suppress defects resulting from the absence of the E3 ubiquitin ligase TOM1. Mol Gen Genet. 2000;263:520-6 pubmed..FPR3 can also suppress the mating defect seen in tom1 strains...
- Duttler S, Pechmann S, Frydman J. Principles of cotranslational ubiquitination and quality control at the ribosome. Mol Cell. 2013;50:379-93 pubmed publisher..We find that quality control at the ribosome is achieved through a tiered system wherein nascent polypeptides have a chance to fold before becoming accessible to ubiquitination. ..
- Sasaki T, Toh e A, Kikuchi Y. Extragenic suppressors that rescue defects in the heat stress response of the budding yeast mutant tom1. Mol Gen Genet. 2000;262:940-8 pubmedThe TOM1 gene codes for a so-called HECT protein, a putative ubiquitin ligase, in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Deletion of the entire gene (tom1-10) or the sequence encoding the HECT domain (tom1-2) causes temperature sensitivity for growth...
- Ziv I, Matiuhin Y, Kirkpatrick D, Erpapazoglou Z, Leon S, Pantazopoulou M, et al. A perturbed ubiquitin landscape distinguishes between ubiquitin in trafficking and in proteolysis. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2011;10:M111.009753 pubmed publisher..We conclude that despite the shared use of the ubiquitin molecule, the two branches of the ubiquitin machinery--the ubiquitin-proteasome system and the ubiquitin trafficking system--were unevenly perturbed by expression of K0 ubiquitin. ..
- Kim D, Koepp D. Hect E3 ubiquitin ligase Tom1 controls Dia2 degradation during the cell cycle. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:4203-11 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that the Hect domain E3 ubiquitin ligase Tom1 is required for Dia2 protein degradation...
- Tabb A, Utsugi T, Wooten Kee C, Sasaki T, Edling S, Gump W, et al. Genes encoding ribosomal proteins Rps0A/B of Saccharomyces cerevisiae interact with TOM1 mutants defective in ribosome synthesis. Genetics. 2001;157:1107-16 pubmed..We show here that the RPS0 genes interact genetically with TOM1. TOM1 encodes a member of the hect-domain-containing E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase family that is required for growth ..
- Singh R, Gonzalez M, Kabbaj M, Gunjan A. Novel E3 ubiquitin ligases that regulate histone protein levels in the budding yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36295 pubmed publisher..E2 ubiquitin conjugating enzymes Ubc4/5 and the HECT (Homologous to E6-AP C-Terminus) domain containing E3 ligase Tom1 in the budding yeast...
- Puig SÃ rries P, Bijlmakers M, Zuin A, Bichmann A, Pons M, Crosas B. An intrinsically disordered region of RPN10 plays a key role in restricting ubiquitin chain elongation in RPN10 monoubiquitination. Biochem J. 2015;469:455-67 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we uncover a putative role for disordered regions in modulating ubiquitin-protein ligation. ..
- Michimoto T, Aoki T, Toh e A, Kikuchi Y. Yeast Pdr13p and Zuo1p molecular chaperones are new functional Hsp70 and Hsp40 partners. Gene. 2000;257:131-7 pubmedThe deletion of the TOM1 gene encoding a putative ubiquitin ligase causes a temperature sensitive cellular growth in Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- Kim D, Zhang W, Koepp D. The Hect domain E3 ligase Tom1 and the F-box protein Dia2 control Cdc6 degradation in G1 phase. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:44212-20 pubmed publisher..E3 ubiquitin ligase components required for Cdc6 degradation, the F-box protein Dia2 and the Hect domain E3 Tom1. Both Dia2 and Tom1 control Cdc6 turnover during G(1) phase of the cell cycle and act separately from SCF(Cdc4)...
- Libuda D, Winston F. Alterations in DNA replication and histone levels promote histone gene amplification in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2010;184:985-97 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that either reduced histone levels or slowed replication forks stimulate the HTA2-HTB2 amplification event, contributing to the restoration of normal chromatin structure. ..
- French M, Kretzmann B, Hicke L. Regulation of the RSP5 ubiquitin ligase by an intrinsic ubiquitin-binding site. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:12071-9 pubmed publisher..We propose that a subset of HECT E3s are regulated by a conserved ubiquitin-binding site that functions to restrict the length of polyubiquitin chains synthesized by the HECT domain. ..
- Utsugi T, Toh e A, Kikuchi Y. A high dose of the STM1 gene suppresses the temperature sensitivity of the tom1 and htr1 mutants in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1995;1263:285-8 pubmedA new gene (STM1; suppressor of tom1) of Saccharomyces cerevisiae was isolated by the ability to suppress the temperature sensitivity of a tom1 mutant, by increasing its gene dosage...