Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TLG2
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Bryant N, James D. The Sec1p/Munc18 (SM) protein, Vps45p, cycles on and off membranes during vesicle transport. J Cell Biol. 2003;161:691-6 pubmed..These data reveal that SM proteins cycle on and off membranes in a stage-specific manner during the vesicle transport reaction, and suggest that protein phosphorylation plays a key role in the regulation of this cycle. ..
- Gurunathan S, Marash M, Weinberger A, Gerst J. t-SNARE phosphorylation regulates endocytosis in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:1594-607 pubmed..Yeast lacking the Tlg1 or Tlg2 t-SNAREs, the Snc v-SNAREs, or both, undergo endocytosis after phosphatase activation...
- Siniossoglou S, Pelham H. An effector of Ypt6p binds the SNARE Tlg1p and mediates selective fusion of vesicles with late Golgi membranes. EMBO J. 2001;20:5991-8 pubmed..We suggest that the VFT complex links vesicles containing Tlg1p to their target, which is defined by the local activation of Ypt6p. ..
- Bryant N, James D. Vps45p stabilizes the syntaxin homologue Tlg2p and positively regulates SNARE complex formation. EMBO J. 2001;20:3380-8 pubmed..Here, we show that in yeast cells lacking the SM protein Vps45p, the t-SNARE Tlg2p is down-regulated, to undetectable levels, by rapid proteasomal degradation...
- Coe J, Lim A, Xu J, Hong W. A role for Tlg1p in the transport of proteins within the Golgi apparatus of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:2407-23 pubmed..bind His6-tagged Sec17p (yeast alpha-SNAP) in a dose-dependent manner and enters into a SNARE complex with Vti1p, Tlg2p, and Vps45p...
- Nichols B, Holthuis J, Pelham H. The Sec1p homologue Vps45p binds to the syntaxin Tlg2p. Eur J Cell Biol. 1998;77:263-8 pubmed..have recently characterised two yeast syntaxins which function in trans-Golgi or endosomal compartments, Tlg1p and Tlg2p. We show here that the principal binding site for Vps45p on intracellular membranes is provided by Tlg2p rather ..
- Burchett S, Flanary P, Aston C, Jiang L, Young K, Uetz P, et al. Regulation of stress response signaling by the N-terminal dishevelled/EGL-10/pleckstrin domain of Sst2, a regulator of G protein signaling in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:22156-67 pubmed..proteins, we analyzed all of the available gene deletion mutants and found three (vps36 Delta, pep12 Delta, and tlg2 Delta) that induce STRE and also repress pheromone-dependent transcription...
- Webster M, McCaffery J, COHEN FIX O. Vesicle trafficking maintains nuclear shape in Saccharomyces cerevisiae during membrane proliferation. J Cell Biol. 2010;191:1079-88 pubmed publisher..Moreover, flares may facilitate maintenance of a constant nuclear/cell volume ratio in the face of altered membrane proliferation. ..
- Padilla Lopez S, Jiménez Hidalgo M, Martin Montalvo A, Clarke C, Navas P, Santos Ocaña C. Genetic evidence for the requirement of the endocytic pathway in the uptake of coenzyme Q6 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1788:1238-48 pubmed publisher..Additional data about the positive effect of peptone presence for exogenous Q(6) uptake support the hypothesis that Q(6) is transported to mitochondria through an endocytic-based system. ..
- Schuldiner M, Metz J, Schmid V, Denic V, Rakwalska M, Schmitt H, et al. The GET complex mediates insertion of tail-anchored proteins into the ER membrane. Cell. 2008;134:634-45 pubmed publisher..Thus, the GET complex represents a critical mechanism for ensuring efficient and accurate targeting of TA proteins. ..
- Gossing M, Chidambaram S, Fischer von Mollard G. Importance of the N-terminal domain of the Qb-SNARE Vti1p for different membrane transport steps in the yeast endosomal system. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e66304 pubmed publisher..As different transport steps were affected our data demonstrate the importance of a folded Vti1p H(abc) domain for transport. ..
- Marash M, Gerst J. Phosphorylation of the autoinhibitory domain of the Sso t-SNAREs promotes binding of the Vsm1 SNARE regulator in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:3114-25 pubmed..Thus, one way by which phosphorylation inhibits SNARE assembly could be by regulating the association of inhibitory factors that control the ability of t-SNAREs to form complexes in vivo. ..
- Struthers M, Shanks S, MacDonald C, Carpp L, Drozdowska A, Kioumourtzoglou D, et al. Functional homology of mammalian syntaxin 16 and yeast Tlg2p reveals a conserved regulatory mechanism. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:2292-9 pubmed publisher..the mammalian SNARE protein syntaxin 16 (Sx16, also known as Syn16) is a functional homologue of the yeast SNARE Tlg2p, in that its expression fully complements the mutant phenotypes of tlg2Delta mutant yeast...
- Furgason M, MacDonald C, Shanks S, Ryder S, Bryant N, Munson M. The N-terminal peptide of the syntaxin Tlg2p modulates binding of its closed conformation to Vps45p. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:14303-8 pubmed publisher..Vps45p, which regulates endosomal trafficking in yeast, binds the conserved N-terminal peptide of the syntaxin Tlg2p. We used size exclusion chromatography and a quantitative fluorescent gel mobility shift assay to reveal an ..
- Miura N, Kirino A, Endo S, Morisaka H, Kuroda K, Takagi M, et al. Tracing putative trafficking of the glycolytic enzyme enolase via SNARE-driven unconventional secretion. Eukaryot Cell. 2012;11:1075-82 pubmed publisher..addition, the secretion of full-length enolase was inhibited in a knockout mutant of the intracellular SNARE protein-coding gene TLG2. Our results suggest that enolase is secreted via a SNARE-dependent secretory pathway in S. cerevisiae.
- Nair U, Jotwani A, Geng J, Gammoh N, Richerson D, Yen W, et al. SNARE proteins are required for macroautophagy. Cell. 2011;146:290-302 pubmed publisher..Additionally, we found that the endosomal Q/t-SNARE Tlg2 and the R/v-SNAREs Sec22 and Ykt6 interact with Sso1-Sec9, and are required for normal Atg9 transport...
- Carpp L, Ciufo L, Shanks S, Boyd A, Bryant N. The Sec1p/Munc18 protein Vps45p binds its cognate SNARE proteins via two distinct modes. J Cell Biol. 2006;173:927-36 pubmed..The SM protein Vps45p binds its Sx Tlg2p in a manner analogous to that captured by the Sly1p-Sed5p crystal structure, whereby the NH2-terminal peptide of ..
- Schindler C, Spang A. Interaction of SNAREs with ArfGAPs precedes recruitment of Sec18p/NSF. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:2852-63 pubmed
- Carpp L, Shanks S, Struthers M, Bryant N. Cellular levels of the syntaxin Tlg2p are regulated by a single mode of binding to Vps45p. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;363:857-60 pubmed..In one of these modes, the N terminus of the syntaxin Tlg2p inserts into a hydrophobic pocket in the SM protein...
- Ohashi Y, Munro S. Membrane delivery to the yeast autophagosome from the Golgi-endosomal system. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:3998-4008 pubmed publisher..This is underestimated by examination of single mutants, providing a possible explanation for discrepancies between yeast and mammalian studies on Atg9 localization and autophagosome formation. ..
- Kama R, Kanneganti V, Ungermann C, Gerst J. The yeast Batten disease orthologue Btn1 controls endosome-Golgi retrograde transport via SNARE assembly. J Cell Biol. 2011;195:203-15 pubmed publisher..Thus, Btn1 controls retrograde sorting by regulating SNARE phosphorylation and assembly, a process that may be adversely affected in Batten Disease patients. ..
- Paumet F, Brugger B, Parlati F, McNew J, Sollner T, Rothman J. A t-SNARE of the endocytic pathway must be activated for fusion. J Cell Biol. 2001;155:961-8 pubmedThe t-SNARE in a late Golgi compartment (Tlg2p) syntaxin is required for endocytosis and localization of cycling proteins to the late Golgi compartment in yeast...
- Panek H, Conibear E, Bryan J, Colvin R, Goshorn C, Robinson L. Identification of Rgp1p, a novel Golgi recycling factor, as a protein required for efficient localization of yeast casein kinase 1 to the plasma membrane. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 Pt 24:4545-55 pubmed..One of these is the previously described t-SNARE Tlg2p, which participates in recycling of proteins to the Golgi...
- Mahfouz H, Ragnini Wilson A, Venditti R, De Matteis M, Wilson C. Mutational analysis of the yeast TRAPP subunit Trs20p identifies roles in endocytic recycling and sporulation. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e41408 pubmed publisher..The phenotypes of different mutants appear to be separable suggesting that the mutations affect the function of Trs20 in different TRAPP complexes. ..
- Soper J, Kehm V, Burd C, Bankaitis V, Lee V. Aggregation of ?-synuclein in S. cerevisiae is associated with defects in endosomal trafficking and phospholipid biosynthesis. J Mol Neurosci. 2011;43:391-405 pubmed publisher..These data suggest new pathogenic mechanisms for ?-synuclein neurotoxicity. ..
- Chen H, Hahn S. Binding of TFIIB to RNA polymerase II: Mapping the binding site for the TFIIB zinc ribbon domain within the preinitiation complex. Mol Cell. 2003;12:437-47 pubmed..This surface is best conserved in polymerases that require a TFIIB-like factor. Our results suggest a general mechanism for interaction of TFIIB-like factors and RNA polymerases and a mechanism for the function of the ribbon domain. ..
- Paumet F, Rahimian V, Di Liberto M, Rothman J. Concerted auto-regulation in yeast endosomal t-SNAREs. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:21137-43 pubmedIn yeast, the assembly of the target (t)-SNAREs [Tlg2p/Tlg1p,Vti1p] and [Pep12p/Tlg1p,Vti1p] with the vesicular (v)-SNARE Snc2p promotes endocytic fusion...
- Mousley C, Yuan P, Gaur N, Trettin K, Nile A, Deminoff S, et al. A sterol-binding protein integrates endosomal lipid metabolism with TOR signaling and nitrogen sensing. Cell. 2012;148:702-15 pubmed publisher..These data describe a pathway by which Kes1 integrates lipid metabolism with TORC1 signaling and nitrogen sensing. ..