Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TIM54
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Okamoto H, Miyagawa A, Shiota T, Tamura Y, Endo T. Intramolecular disulfide bond of Tim22 protein maintains integrity of the TIM22 complex in the mitochondrial inner membrane. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:4827-38 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide a new insight into the mechanism of the maintenance of the structural and functional integrity of the TIM22 complex. ..
- Davis A, Sepuri N, Holder J, Johnson A, Jensen R. Two intermembrane space TIM complexes interact with different domains of Tim23p during its import into mitochondria. J Cell Biol. 2000;150:1271-82 pubmed..The positive charges are not required for interaction with the Tim9p-Tim10p complex, but are essential for cross-linking of Tim23p to components of the inner membrane insertion machinery, including Tim54p, Tim22p, and Tim12p.
- Hwang D, Claypool S, Leuenberger D, Tienson H, Koehler C. Tim54p connects inner membrane assembly and proteolytic pathways in the mitochondrion. J Cell Biol. 2007;178:1161-75 pubmedb>Tim54p, a component of the inner membrane TIM22 complex, does not directly mediate the import of inner membrane substrates but is required for assembly/stability of the 300-kD TIM22 complex...
- van der Laan M, Wiedemann N, Mick D, Guiard B, Rehling P, Pfanner N. A role for Tim21 in membrane-potential-dependent preprotein sorting in mitochondria. Curr Biol. 2006;16:2271-6 pubmed..These findings suggest a new coupling mechanism in an energy-transducing membrane. ..
- Schuler M, Di Bartolomeo F, Mårtensson C, Daum G, Becker T. Phosphatidylcholine Affects Inner Membrane Protein Translocases of Mitochondria. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:18718-29 pubmed publisher..We conclude that reduced PC levels differentially affect the TIM22 and TIM23 complexes in mitochondrial protein transport. ..