Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TIM22
Description: translocation channel protein TIM22
Alias: translocation channel protein TIM22
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Kerscher O, Holder J, Srinivasan M, Leung R, Jensen R. The Tim54p-Tim22p complex mediates insertion of proteins into the mitochondrial inner membrane. J Cell Biol. 1997;139:1663-75 pubmed..First, multiple copies of the TIM22 gene, but not TIM23 or TIM17, suppress the growth defect of a tim54-1 temperature-sensitive mutant...
- Koehler C, Murphy M, Bally N, Leuenberger D, Oppliger W, Dolfini L, et al. Tim18p, a new subunit of the TIM22 complex that mediates insertion of imported proteins into the yeast mitochondrial inner membrane. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:1187-93 pubmed..two soluble 70-kDa protein complexes in the intermembrane space and a 300-kDa complex in the inner membrane, the TIM22 complex...
- Kawano S, Yamano K, Naoé M, Momose T, Terao K, Nishikawa S, et al. Structural basis of yeast Tim40/Mia40 as an oxidative translocator in the mitochondrial intermembrane space. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:14403-7 pubmed publisher..These results are consistent with the growth phenotypes of Mia40 mutant cells containing Ser replacement of the conserved cysteine residues. ..
- Hwang D, Claypool S, Leuenberger D, Tienson H, Koehler C. Tim54p connects inner membrane assembly and proteolytic pathways in the mitochondrion. J Cell Biol. 2007;178:1161-75 pubmedTim54p, a component of the inner membrane TIM22 complex, does not directly mediate the import of inner membrane substrates but is required for assembly/stability of the 300-kD TIM22 complex...
- Yamano K, Ishikawa D, Esaki M, Endo T. The phosphate carrier has an ability to be sorted to either the TIM22 pathway or the TIM23 pathway for its import into yeast mitochondria. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:10011-7 pubmed..segments (TM1-TM6) and requires, after translocation across the outer membrane, the Tim9-Tim10 complex and the TIM22 complex to be inserted into the inner membrane...
- Okamoto H, Miyagawa A, Shiota T, Tamura Y, Endo T. Intramolecular disulfide bond of Tim22 protein maintains integrity of the TIM22 complex in the mitochondrial inner membrane. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:4827-38 pubmed publisher..Among them, the TIM22 complex mediates insertion of polytopic membrane proteins into the inner membrane, and Tim22 constitutes its ..
- Peixoto P, Graña F, Roy T, Dunn C, Flores M, Jensen R, et al. Awaking TIM22, a dynamic ligand-gated channel for protein insertion in the mitochondrial inner membrane. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:18694-701 pubmed..of a channel associated to the translocase of the inner membrane for the insertion of multitopic protein (TIM22) complex has been arguable, as its function relates to the insertion of multispanning proteins into the inner ..
- Davis A, Sepuri N, Holder J, Johnson A, Jensen R. Two intermembrane space TIM complexes interact with different domains of Tim23p during its import into mitochondria. J Cell Biol. 2000;150:1271-82 pubmed..The positive charges are not required for interaction with the Tim9p-Tim10p complex, but are essential for cross-linking of Tim23p to components of the inner membrane insertion machinery, including Tim54p, Tim22p, and Tim12p. ..
- Brandner K, Rehling P, Truscott K. The carboxyl-terminal third of the dicarboxylate carrier is crucial for productive association with the inner membrane twin-pore translocase. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:6215-21 pubmed..We concluded that, in this case, a single structural repeat can drive inner membrane insertion, whereas all three related units contribute targeting information for outer membrane translocation. ..
- Curran S, Leuenberger D, Leverich E, Hwang D, Beverly K, Koehler C. The role of Hot13p and redox chemistry in the mitochondrial TIM22 import pathway. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:43744-51 pubmedThe small Tim proteins in the mitochondrial intermembrane space participate in the TIM22 import pathway for assembly of the inner membrane...
- Wrobel L, Trojanowska A, Sztolsztener M, Chacinska A. Mitochondrial protein import: Mia40 facilitates Tim22 translocation into the inner membrane of mitochondria. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:543-54 pubmed publisher..We identify Tim22, a multispanning membrane protein and core component of the TIM22 translocase of inner membrane, as a protein with ..
- Schuler M, Di Bartolomeo F, Mårtensson C, Daum G, Becker T. Phosphatidylcholine Affects Inner Membrane Protein Translocases of Mitochondria. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:18718-29 pubmed publisher..The carrier translocase (TIM22 complex) inserts multispanning proteins into the inner membrane...
- Tamura Y, Endo T, Iijima M, Sesaki H. Ups1p and Ups2p antagonistically regulate cardiolipin metabolism in mitochondria. J Cell Biol. 2009;185:1029-45 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we observed synthetic growth defects in ups mutants in combination with loss of Pam17p, which controls the integrity of PAM. Our findings provide a novel molecular mechanism for the regulation of cardiolipin metabolism. ..
- Albrecht R, Rehling P, Chacinska A, Brix J, Cadamuro S, Volkmer R, et al. The Tim21 binding domain connects the preprotein translocases of both mitochondrial membranes. EMBO Rep. 2006;7:1233-8 pubmed..We also identified a core sequence of Tom22 that binds to Tim21. Furthermore, negatively charged amino-acid residues of Tom22 are important for binding to Tim21. Here we suggest a mechanism for the TOM-TIM interaction. ..
- van der Laan M, Wiedemann N, Mick D, Guiard B, Rehling P, Pfanner N. A role for Tim21 in membrane-potential-dependent preprotein sorting in mitochondria. Curr Biol. 2006;16:2271-6 pubmed..These findings suggest a new coupling mechanism in an energy-transducing membrane. ..