Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TIM21
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Gebert M, Schrempp S, Mehnert C, Heißwolf A, Oeljeklaus S, Ieva R, et al. Mgr2 promotes coupling of the mitochondrial presequence translocase to partner complexes. J Cell Biol. 2012;197:595-604 pubmed publisher..The TIM23 complex consists of three core components and Tim21, which interacts with the translocase of the outer membrane (TOM) and the respiratory chain...
- Matta S, Pareek G, Bankapalli K, Oblesha A, D Silva P. Role of Tim17 Transmembrane Regions in Regulating the Architecture of Presequence Translocase and Mitochondrial DNA Stability. Mol Cell Biol. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..or TIM23 (SORT)-complex by recruiting the presequence translocase-associated motor (PAM) machinery or Tim21, respectively...
- Tamura Y, Endo T, Iijima M, Sesaki H. Ups1p and Ups2p antagonistically regulate cardiolipin metabolism in mitochondria. J Cell Biol. 2009;185:1029-45 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we observed synthetic growth defects in ups mutants in combination with loss of Pam17p, which controls the integrity of PAM. Our findings provide a novel molecular mechanism for the regulation of cardiolipin metabolism. ..
- Lytovchenko O, Melin J, Schulz C, Kilisch M, Hutu D, Rehling P. Signal recognition initiates reorganization of the presequence translocase during protein import. EMBO J. 2013;32:886-98 pubmed publisher..Our analyses revealed that the presequence receptor Tim50 interacts with Tim21 in a signal-sensitive manner in a process that involves the IMS-domain of the Tim23 channel...
- Pareek G, Krishnamoorthy V, D Silva P. Molecular insights revealing interaction of Tim23 and channel subunits of presequence translocase. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:4641-59 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, TM2 is also involved in the recruitment of Tim21 and the presequence-associated motor (PAM) subcomplex to the Tim23 channel, while the matrix-exposed loop L1 ..
- Schulz C, Rehling P. Remodelling of the active presequence translocase drives motor-dependent mitochondrial protein translocation. Nat Commun. 2014;5:4349 pubmed publisher..Thus, a replenishment cycle of co-chaperones at the TIM23 complex is an integral part of Hsp70's ATPase cycle at the channel exit site and essential to maintain motor-driven mitochondrial protein import. ..
- Bajaj R, Jaremko Å, Jaremko M, Becker S, Zweckstetter M. Molecular basis of the dynamic structure of the TIM23 complex in the mitochondrial intermembrane space. Structure. 2014;22:1501-11 pubmed publisher..spectroscopy, we characterized the dynamic interaction network of the intermembrane space domains of Tim23, Tim21, Tim50, andÂ Tom22 at single-residue level...
- Schendzielorz A, Schulz C, Lytovchenko O, Clancy A, Guiard B, Ieva R, et al. Two distinct membrane potential-dependent steps drive mitochondrial matrix protein translocation. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:83-92 pubmed publisher..The ??- and Pam17-dependent import step identified in this study is positioned between the two known energy-dependent steps: ??-driven presequence translocation and adenosine triphosphate-driven import motor activity. ..