Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TIM18
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Mick D, Wagner K, van der Laan M, Frazier A, Perschil I, Pawlas M, et al. Shy1 couples Cox1 translational regulation to cytochrome c oxidase assembly. EMBO J. 2007;26:4347-58 pubmed..We suggest that Shy1 links Cox1 translational regulation to complex IV assembly and supercomplex formation. ..
- Hwang D, Claypool S, Leuenberger D, Tienson H, Koehler C. Tim54p connects inner membrane assembly and proteolytic pathways in the mitochondrion. J Cell Biol. 2007;178:1161-75 pubmed..As such, Tim54p links protein import, assembly, and turnover pathways in the mitochondrion. ..
- Wrobel L, Trojanowska A, Sztolsztener M, Chacinska A. Mitochondrial protein import: Mia40 facilitates Tim22 translocation into the inner membrane of mitochondria. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:543-54 pubmed publisher..We propose that Mia40 not only is responsible for disulfide bond formation, but also assists the Tim22 protein in its integration into the inner membrane of mitochondria. ..
- Du L, Yu Y, Li Z, Chen J, Liu Y, Xia Y, et al. Tim18, a component of the mitochondrial translocator, mediates yeast cell death induced by arsenic. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2007;72:843-7 pubmedEvidence is presented that Tim18, a mitochondria translocase, plays a role in the previously described apoptosis induced by arsenite in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Tim18 deletion mutant exhibited resistance to arsenite...
- Tamura Y, Endo T, Iijima M, Sesaki H. Ups1p and Ups2p antagonistically regulate cardiolipin metabolism in mitochondria. J Cell Biol. 2009;185:1029-45 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we observed synthetic growth defects in ups mutants in combination with loss of Pam17p, which controls the integrity of PAM. Our findings provide a novel molecular mechanism for the regulation of cardiolipin metabolism. ..
- Okamoto H, Miyagawa A, Shiota T, Tamura Y, Endo T. Intramolecular disulfide bond of Tim22 protein maintains integrity of the TIM22 complex in the mitochondrial inner membrane. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:4827-38 pubmed publisher..that the disulfide bond of Tim22 stabilizes Tim22 especially at elevated temperature through interactions with Tim18, which are also important for the stability of the TIM22 complex...