Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TIM12
Alias: MRS5, Tim12p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Koehler C, Merchant S, Oppliger W, Schmid K, Jarosch E, Dolfini L, et al. Tim9p, an essential partner subunit of Tim10p for the import of mitochondrial carrier proteins. EMBO J. 1998;17:6477-86 pubmed..is bound to the outer face of the inner membrane in a 300 kDa complex whose other subunits include Tim54p, Tim22p, Tim12p and Tim10p. The sequence of Tim9p is 25% identical to that of Tim10p and Tim12p...
- Davis A, Sepuri N, Holder J, Johnson A, Jensen R. Two intermembrane space TIM complexes interact with different domains of Tim23p during its import into mitochondria. J Cell Biol. 2000;150:1271-82 pubmed..The positive charges are not required for interaction with the Tim9p-Tim10p complex, but are essential for cross-linking of Tim23p to components of the inner membrane insertion machinery, including Tim54p, Tim22p, and Tim12p.
- Senapin S, Chen X, Clark Walker G. Transcription of TIM9, a new factor required for the petite-positive phenotype of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, is defective in spt7 mutants. Curr Genet. 2003;44:202-10 pubmed..cerevisiae, TIM9, TIM10 and TIM12, are required for petite survival, while deletion of TIM8 and TIM13 has no notable effect on petite cell viability...
- Baud C, De Marcos Lousa C, Tokatlidis K. Molecular interactions of the mitochondrial Tim12 translocase subunit. Protein Pept Lett. 2007;14:597-600 pubmed..We purified Tim12 and found it forms dimers that bind to Tim9...
- Gebert N, Gebert M, Oeljeklaus S, von der Malsburg K, Stroud D, Kulawiak B, et al. Dual function of Sdh3 in the respiratory chain and TIM22 protein translocase of the mitochondrial inner membrane. Mol Cell. 2011;44:811-8 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the assembly of Sdh3 with different partner proteins, Sdh4 and Tim18, recruits it to two different mitochondrial membrane complexes with functions in bioenergetics and protein biogenesis, respectively. ..
- Böttinger L, Gornicka A, Czerwik T, Bragoszewski P, Loniewska Lwowska A, Schulze Specking A, et al. In vivo evidence for cooperation of Mia40 and Erv1 in the oxidation of mitochondrial proteins. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:3957-69 pubmed publisher..Thus Mia40 in cooperation with Erv1 promotes the formation of two disulfide bonds in the substrate protein, ensuring the efficiency of oxidative folding in the intermembrane space of mitochondria. ..
- Murphy M, Leuenberger D, Curran S, Oppliger W, Koehler C. The essential function of the small Tim proteins in the TIM22 import pathway does not depend on formation of the soluble 70-kilodalton complex. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:6132-8 pubmed..Like membrane-associated Tim12p, they are members of the Tim18p-Tim22p-Tim54p membrane complex that mediates precursor insertion into the membrane...