Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TIM10
Description: protein transporter TIM10
Alias: MRS11, protein transporter TIM10
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Kawano S, Yamano K, Naoé M, Momose T, Terao K, Nishikawa S, et al. Structural basis of yeast Tim40/Mia40 as an oxidative translocator in the mitochondrial intermembrane space. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:14403-7 pubmed publisher..These results are consistent with the growth phenotypes of Mia40 mutant cells containing Ser replacement of the conserved cysteine residues. ..
- Sideris D, Tokatlidis K. Oxidative folding of small Tims is mediated by site-specific docking onto Mia40 in the mitochondrial intermembrane space. Mol Microbiol. 2007;65:1360-73 pubmed..The subunits of the chaperone complex Tim9-Tim10 require Mia40 for their biogenesis...
- Durigon R, Wang Q, Ceh Pavia E, Grant C, Lu H. Cytosolic thioredoxin system facilitates the import of mitochondrial small Tim proteins. EMBO Rep. 2012;13:916-22 pubmed publisher..Here we provide the first evidence that the cytosolic thioredoxin system is required to maintain the IMS small Tim proteins in reduced forms and facilitate their mitochondrial import during respiratory growth. ..
- Koehler C, Merchant S, Oppliger W, Schmid K, Jarosch E, Dolfini L, et al. Tim9p, an essential partner subunit of Tim10p for the import of mitochondrial carrier proteins. EMBO J. 1998;17:6477-86 pubmed..A Ser67-->Cys67 mutation in Tim9p suppresses the temperature-sensitive growth defect of tim10-1 and tim12-1 mutants...
- Gebert N, Gebert M, Oeljeklaus S, von der Malsburg K, Stroud D, Kulawiak B, et al. Dual function of Sdh3 in the respiratory chain and TIM22 protein translocase of the mitochondrial inner membrane. Mol Cell. 2011;44:811-8 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the assembly of Sdh3 with different partner proteins, Sdh4 and Tim18, recruits it to two different mitochondrial membrane complexes with functions in bioenergetics and protein biogenesis, respectively. ..
- Vergnolle M, Alcock F, Petrakis N, Tokatlidis K. Mutation of conserved charged residues in mitochondrial TIM10 subunits precludes TIM10 complex assembly, but does not abolish growth of yeast cells. J Mol Biol. 2007;371:1315-24 pubmedThe Saccharomyces cerevisiae TIM10 complex (TIM10c) is an ATP-independent chaperone of the mitochondrial intermembrane space, involved in transport of polytopic membrane proteins...
- Luciano P, Vial S, Vergnolle M, Dyall S, Robinson D, Tokatlidis K. Functional reconstitution of the import of the yeast ADP/ATP carrier mediated by the TIM10 complex. EMBO J. 2001;20:4099-106 pubmedImport of the ADP/ATP carrier (AAC) into mitochondria requires the soluble TIM10 complex to cross the intermembrane space...
- Hasson S, Damoiseaux R, Glavin J, Dabir D, Walker S, Koehler C. Substrate specificity of the TIM22 mitochondrial import pathway revealed with small molecule inhibitor of protein translocation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:9578-83 pubmed publisher..into the mitochondrial inner membrane and consists of two intermembrane space chaperone complexes, the Tim9-Tim10 and Tim8-Tim13 complexes...
- Vial S, Lu H, Allen S, Savory P, Thornton D, Sheehan J, et al. Assembly of Tim9 and Tim10 into a functional chaperone. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:36100-8 pubmedThe TIM10 complex is localized in the mitochondrial intermembrane space and mediates insertion of hydrophobic proteins at the inner membrane...
- Sirrenberg C, Endres M, FOLSCH H, Stuart R, Neupert W, Brunner M. Carrier protein import into mitochondria mediated by the intermembrane proteins Tim10/Mrs11 and Tim12/Mrs5. Nature. 1998;391:912-5 pubmed..Two related proteins in the intermembrane space, Tim10/Mrs11 and Tim12/Mrs5, interact sequentially with these precursors and facilitate their translocation across the ..
- Spiller M, Guo L, Wang Q, Tran P, Lu H. Mitochondrial Tim9 protects Tim10 from degradation by the protease Yme1. Biosci Rep. 2015;35: pubmed publisherTranslocase of IM (inner membrane; Tim)9 and Tim10 are essential homologue proteins of the mitochondrial intermembrane space (IMS) and form a stable hexameric Tim9-Tim10 complex there...
- Gebert N, Chacinska A, Wagner K, Guiard B, Koehler C, Rehling P, et al. Assembly of the three small Tim proteins precedes docking to the mitochondrial carrier translocase. EMBO Rep. 2008;9:548-54 pubmed publisher..The soluble Tim9-Tim10 complex transfers hydrophobic precursor proteins through the aqueous intermembrane space to the carrier ..
- Ivanova E, Pang J, Jowitt T, Yan G, Warwicker J, Sutcliffe M, et al. Temperature-dependent study reveals that dynamics of hydrophobic residues plays an important functional role in the mitochondrial Tim9-Tim10 complex. Proteins. 2012;80:602-15 pubmed publisherProtein-protein interaction is a fundamental process in all major biological processes. The hexameric Tim9-Tim10 (translocase of inner membrane) complex of the mitochondrial intermembrane space plays an essential chaperone-like role ..
- Wagner K, Gebert N, Guiard B, Brandner K, Truscott K, Wiedemann N, et al. The assembly pathway of the mitochondrial carrier translocase involves four preprotein translocases. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:4251-60 pubmed publisher..The TIM10 complex, which translocates the precursor of Tim22 through the intermembrane space, functions in a new ..
- Ivanova E, Jowitt T, Lu H. Assembly of the mitochondrial Tim9-Tim10 complex: a multi-step reaction with novel intermediates. J Mol Biol. 2008;375:229-39 pubmed..The mitochondrial Tim9-Tim10 translocase complex, located in the mitochondrial intermembrane space, plays an essential chaperone-like role ..
- Herndon J, Claypool S, Koehler C. The Taz1p transacylase is imported and sorted into the outer mitochondrial membrane via a membrane anchor domain. Eukaryot Cell. 2013;12:1600-8 pubmed publisher..These studies suggest that altering the mitochondrial import pathway of Taz1p may be important in understanding the molecular basis of Barth syndrome. ..
- Rampello A, Glynn S. Identification of a Degradation Signal Sequence within Substrates of the Mitochondrial i-AAA Protease. J Mol Biol. 2017;429:873-885 pubmed publisher..i-AAA protease, Yme1p, to examine the in vitro degradation of two intermembrane space chaperone subunits, Tim9 and Tim10. Yme1p degrades Tim10 more rapidly than Tim9 despite high sequence and structural similarity, and loss of Tim10 is ..
- Morgan B, Lu H. Oxidative folding competes with mitochondrial import of the small Tim proteins. Biochem J. 2008;411:115-22 pubmed..We have shown that Tim10 can be oxidized by glutathione under cytosolic concentrations...
- Adam A, Endres M, Sirrenberg C, Lottspeich F, Neupert W, Brunner M. Tim9, a new component of the TIM22.54 translocase in mitochondria. EMBO J. 1999;18:313-9 pubmed..Tim9, an essential protein of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, shares sequence similarity with Tim10 and Tim12...
- Vergnolle M, Baud C, Golovanov A, Alcock F, Luciano P, Lian L, et al. Distinct domains of small Tims involved in subunit interaction and substrate recognition. J Mol Biol. 2005;351:839-49 pubmedTim9 and Tim10 belong to the small Tim family of mitochondrial ATP-independent chaperones. They are organised in a specific hetero-oligomeric complex (TIM10) that escorts polytopic proteins into the mitochondrial inner membrane...
- Böttinger L, Gornicka A, Czerwik T, Bragoszewski P, Loniewska Lwowska A, Schulze Specking A, et al. In vivo evidence for cooperation of Mia40 and Erv1 in the oxidation of mitochondrial proteins. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:3957-69 pubmed publisher..Thus Mia40 in cooperation with Erv1 promotes the formation of two disulfide bonds in the substrate protein, ensuring the efficiency of oxidative folding in the intermembrane space of mitochondria. ..
- Grossmann J, Callaghan A, Marcaida M, Luisi B, Alcock F, Tokatlidis K, et al. Complementing structural information of modular proteins with small angle neutron scattering and contrast variation. Eur Biophys J. 2008;37:603-11 pubmed publisher..Neutron contrast variation of the multi-protein TIM10 complex, a mitochondrial chaperone assembly comprising the subunits Tim9 and Tim10, has been used to determine a ..
- Koehler C, Jarosch E, Tokatlidis K, Schmid K, Schweyen R, Schatz G. Import of mitochondrial carriers mediated by essential proteins of the intermembrane space. Science. 1998;279:369-73 pubmed..Neither protein was required for protein import into the other mitochondrial compartments. Both proteins may function as intermembrane space chaperones for the highly insoluble carrier proteins. ..
- Mick D, Wagner K, van der Laan M, Frazier A, Perschil I, Pawlas M, et al. Shy1 couples Cox1 translational regulation to cytochrome c oxidase assembly. EMBO J. 2007;26:4347-58 pubmed..We suggest that Shy1 links Cox1 translational regulation to complex IV assembly and supercomplex formation. ..
- Curran S, Leuenberger D, Oppliger W, Koehler C. The Tim9p-Tim10p complex binds to the transmembrane domains of the ADP/ATP carrier. EMBO J. 2002;21:942-53 pubmed..The chaperone-like Tim9p-Tim10p complex thus may prevent aggregation of the unfolded carrier proteins in the aqueous intermembrane space. ..
- Koehler C, Murphy M, Bally N, Leuenberger D, Oppliger W, Dolfini L, et al. Tim18p, a new subunit of the TIM22 complex that mediates insertion of imported proteins into the yeast mitochondrial inner membrane. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:1187-93 pubmed..We suggest that Tim18p functions in the assembly and stabilization of the TIM22 complex but does not directly participate in protein insertion into the inner membrane. ..