Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TIF35
Description: translation initiation factor eIF3 core subunit g
Alias: translation initiation factor eIF3 core subunit g
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- VALASEK L, Phan L, Schoenfeld L, Valášková V, Hinnebusch A. Related eIF3 subunits TIF32 and HCR1 interact with an RNA recognition motif in PRT1 required for eIF3 integrity and ribosome binding. EMBO J. 2001;20:891-904 pubmed..in dissociation of TIF32, NIP1, HCR1 and eIF5 from eIF3 in vivo, and destroyed 40S ribosome binding by the residual PRT1-TIF34-TIF35 subcomplex. Hence, the PRT1 RRM is crucial for the integrity and ribosome-binding activity of eIF3.
- Phan L, Zhang X, Asano K, Anderson J, Vornlocher H, Greenberg J, et al. Identification of a translation initiation factor 3 (eIF3) core complex, conserved in yeast and mammals, that interacts with eIF5. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:4935-46 pubmed..Thus, eIF5 and Sui1p may be recruited to the 40S ribosomes through physical interactions with the Nip1p subunit of eIF3. ..
- Phan L, Schoenfeld L, VALASEK L, Nielsen K, Hinnebusch A. A subcomplex of three eIF3 subunits binds eIF1 and eIF5 and stimulates ribosome binding of mRNA and tRNA(i)Met. EMBO J. 2001;20:2954-65 pubmedYeast translation initiation factor 3 contains five core subunits (known as TIF32, PRT1, NIP1, TIF34 and TIF35) and a less tightly associated component known as HCR1...
- Chiu W, Wagner S, HerrmannovÃ¡ A, Burela L, Zhang F, Saini A, et al. The C-terminal region of eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3a (eIF3a) promotes mRNA recruitment, scanning, and, together with eIF3j and the eIF3b RNA recognition motif, selection of AUG start codons. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:4415-34 pubmed publisher
- HerrmannovÃ¡ A, Daujotyte D, Yang J, CuchalovÃ¡ L, Gorrec F, Wagner S, et al. Structural analysis of an eIF3 subcomplex reveals conserved interactions required for a stable and proper translation pre-initiation complex assembly. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:2294-311 pubmed publisher..interactions displays severe growth defects and eliminates association of eIF3i/TIF34 and strikingly also eIF3g/TIF35 with eIF3 and 40S subunits in vivo...
- Reibarkh M, Yamamoto Y, Singh C, del Rio F, Fahmy A, Lee B, et al. Eukaryotic initiation factor (eIF) 1 carries two distinct eIF5-binding faces important for multifactor assembly and AUG selection. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:1094-103 pubmed..Thus, eIF5 is an excellent candidate for the direct partner of eIF1-KH that mediates the critical link. The direct interaction at eIF1-KH also places eIF5 near the decoding site of the 40 S subunit. ..
- Beznosková P, Cuchalová L, Wagner S, Shoemaker C, Gunisova S, von der Haar T, et al. Translation initiation factors eIF3 and HCR1 control translation termination and stop codon read-through in yeast cells. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003962 pubmed publisher..Together our work characterizes novel roles of eIF3 and HCR1 in stop codon recognition, defining a communication bridge between the initiation and termination/recycling phases of translation. ..
- Verlhac M, Chen R, Hanachi P, Hershey J, Derynck R. Identification of partners of TIF34, a component of the yeast eIF3 complex, required for cell proliferation and translation initiation. EMBO J. 1997;16:6812-22 pubmed..Our results provide support for both physical and functional interactions between three subunits, TIF34, PRT1 and p33, in the eIF3 complex. ..
- Singh C, He H, Ii M, Yamamoto Y, Asano K. Efficient incorporation of eukaryotic initiation factor 1 into the multifactor complex is critical for formation of functional ribosomal preinitiation complexes in vivo. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:31910-20 pubmed..We propose that the coordinated recruitment of eIF1 to the 40 S ribosome in the MFC is critical for the production of functional 40 S preinitiation complex. ..
- BeznoskovÃ¡ P, Wagner S, Jansen M, von der Haar T, ValÃ¡Å¡ek L. Translation initiation factor eIF3 promotes programmed stop codon readthrough. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:5099-111 pubmed publisher..We clearly demonstrate that efficient readthrough is enabled by near-cognate tRNAs with a mismatch only at the third/wobble position. Importantly, the eIF3 role in programmed readthrough is conserved between yeast and humans. ..
- Vornlocher H, Hanachi P, Ribeiro S, Hershey J. A 110-kilodalton subunit of translation initiation factor eIF3 and an associated 135-kilodalton protein are encoded by the Saccharomyces cerevisiae TIF32 and TIF31 genes. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:16802-12 pubmed..Our results, together with those from other laboratories, complete the cloning and characterization of all of the yeast eIF3 subunits. ..
- Hinnebusch A, Asano K, Olsen D, Phan L, Nielsen K, VALASEK L. Study of translational control of eukaryotic gene expression using yeast. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2004;1038:60-74 pubmed..Thus, apart from its critical role in the starvation response, GCN4 regulation is a valuable tool for dissecting the contributions of multiple translation factors in the eukaryotic initiation pathway. ..
- Farley A, Powell D, Weaver C, Jennings J, Link A. Assessing the components of the eIF3 complex and their phosphorylation status. J Proteome Res. 2011;10:1481-94 pubmed publisher..The yeast eIF3 complex contains five core components: Rpg1, Nip1, Prt1, Tif34, and Tif35. 2-D LC-MS/MS analysis of affinity purified eIF3 complexes showed that several other initiation factors (Fun12, ..
- Erzberger J, Stengel F, Pellarin R, Zhang S, Schaefer T, Aylett C, et al. Molecular architecture of the 40Sâ‹…eIF1â‹…eIF3 translation initiation complex. Cell. 2014;158:1123-1135 pubmed publisher..The structures of eIF3 components reported here also have implications for understanding the architecture of the mammalian 43S preinitiation complex and the complex of eIF3, 40S, and the hepatitis C internal ribosomal entry site RNA. ..