Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TIF11
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Martin Marcos P, Cheung Y, Hinnebusch A. Functional elements in initiation factors 1, 1A, and 2? discriminate against poor AUG context and non-AUG start codons. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:4814-31 pubmed publisher..Although eIF1 autoregulates by discriminating against poor context in yeast and mammals, this mechanism does not prevent eIF1 overproduction in yeast, accounting for the hyperaccuracy phenotype afforded by SUI1 overexpression. ..
- Maag D, Algire M, Lorsch J. Communication between eukaryotic translation initiation factors 5 and 1A within the ribosomal pre-initiation complex plays a role in start site selection. J Mol Biol. 2006;356:724-37 pubmed..These data suggest strongly that the interaction between eIF1A and eIF5 is involved in maintaining the fidelity of start codon recognition in vivo. ..
- Ozturk S, Vishnu M, Olarewaju O, Starita L, Masison D, Kinzy T. Unique classes of mutations in the Saccharomyces cerevisiae G-protein translation elongation factor 1A suppress the requirement for guanine nucleotide exchange. Genetics. 2006;174:651-63 pubmed..The location of the mutations on the eEF1A-eEF1Balpha structure suggests that their mechanism of suppression may depend on effects on the conserved G-protein elements: the P-loop and NKXD nucleotide-binding element. ..
- Luna R, Arthanari H, Hiraishi H, Akabayov B, Tang L, Cox C, et al. The interaction between eukaryotic initiation factor 1A and eIF5 retains eIF1 within scanning preinitiation complexes. Biochemistry. 2013;52:9510-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the eIF1A-eIF5-CTD interaction during scanning PICs contributes to the maintenance of eIF1 within the open PIC...
- CuchalovÃ¡ L, Kouba T, HerrmannovÃ¡ A, DÃ¡nyi I, Chiu W, ValÃ¡sek L. The RNA recognition motif of eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3g (eIF3g) is required for resumption of scanning of posttermination ribosomes for reinitiation on GCN4 and together with eIF3i stimulates linear scanning. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:4671-86 pubmed publisher..Together these results implicate g/Tif35 and i/Tif34 in stimulation of linear scanning and, specifically in the case of g/Tif35, also in proper regulation of the GCN4 reinitiation mechanism. ..
- McCarthy J. Posttranscriptional control of gene expression in yeast. Microbiol Mol Biol Rev. 1998;62:1492-553 pubmed
- Kwon S, Lee I, Kim N, Choi D, Oh Y, Bae S. Translation initiation factor eIF1A possesses RNA annealing activity in its oligonucleotide-binding fold. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;361:681-6 pubmed..Our results indicate that eIF1A may function as an RNA chaperone, inducing conformational changes in rRNA in the 43S preinitiation complex. ..
- Choi S, Olsen D, Roll Mecak A, Martung A, Remo K, Burley S, et al. Physical and functional interaction between the eukaryotic orthologs of prokaryotic translation initiation factors IF1 and IF2. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:7183-91 pubmed
- ElAntak L, Wagner S, HerrmannovÃ¡ A, KarÃ¡skovÃ¡ M, Rutkai E, Lukavsky P, et al. The indispensable N-terminal half of eIF3j/HCR1 cooperates with its structurally conserved binding partner eIF3b/PRT1-RRM and with eIF1A in stringent AUG selection. J Mol Biol. 2010;396:1097-116 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we propose that eIF3j/HCR1 closely cooperates with the eIF3b/PRT1 RRM and eIF1A on the ribosome to ensure proper formation of the scanning-arrested conformation required for stringent AUG recognition. ..
- Olsen D, Savner E, Mathew A, Zhang F, Krishnamoorthy T, Phan L, et al. Domains of eIF1A that mediate binding to eIF2, eIF3 and eIF5B and promote ternary complex recruitment in vivo. EMBO J. 2003;22:193-204 pubmed..We propose a modular organization for eIF1A wherein a core ribosome-binding domain is flanked by flexible segments that mediate interactions with other factors involved in recruitment of TC and release of eIF1A at subunit joining. ..
- Algire M, Maag D, Savio P, Acker M, Tarun S, Sachs A, et al. Development and characterization of a reconstituted yeast translation initiation system. RNA. 2002;8:382-97 pubmed
- De la Cruz J, Iost I, Kressler D, Linder P. The p20 and Ded1 proteins have antagonistic roles in eIF4E-dependent translation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:5201-6 pubmed..cerevisiae. ..
- Fringer J, Acker M, Fekete C, Lorsch J, Dever T. Coupled release of eukaryotic translation initiation factors 5B and 1A from 80S ribosomes following subunit joining. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:2384-97 pubmed..Following 80S complex formation, GTP hydrolysis by eIF5B enables the release of both eIF5B and eIF1A, and the ribosome enters the elongation phase of protein synthesis. ..
- Hinnebusch A, Asano K, Olsen D, Phan L, Nielsen K, VALASEK L. Study of translational control of eukaryotic gene expression using yeast. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2004;1038:60-74 pubmed..Thus, apart from its critical role in the starvation response, GCN4 regulation is a valuable tool for dissecting the contributions of multiple translation factors in the eukaryotic initiation pathway. ..