Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: THP2
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Skruzny M, Schneider C, Rácz A, Weng J, Tollervey D, Hurt E. An endoribonuclease functionally linked to perinuclear mRNP quality control associates with the nuclear pore complexes. PLoS Biol. 2009;7:e8 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that Swt1 endoribonuclease might be transiently recruited to NPCs to initiate the degradation of defective pre-mRNPs or mRNPs trapped at nuclear periphery in order to avoid their cytoplasmic export and translation...
- Pfeiffer V, Crittin J, Grolimund L, Lingner J. The THO complex component Thp2 counteracts telomeric R-loops and telomere shortening. EMBO J. 2013;32:2861-71 pubmed publisher..Deletion of the THO-subunit THP2 leads to telomere shortening...
- Garcia Rubio M, Chávez S, Huertas P, Tous C, Jimeno S, Luna R, et al. Different physiological relevance of yeast THO/TREX subunits in gene expression and genome integrity. Mol Genet Genomics. 2008;279:123-32 pubmed..THO is composed of Tho2, Hpr1, Mft1 and Thp2 subunits, which associate with the Sub2-Yra1 export factors and Tex1 to form the TREX complex...
- Meinel D, Burkert Kautzsch C, Kieser A, O Duibhir E, Siebert M, Mayer A, et al. Recruitment of TREX to the transcription machinery by its direct binding to the phospho-CTD of RNA polymerase II. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003914 pubmed publisher..In summary, we provide insight into how the phospho-code of the CTD directs mRNP formation and export through TREX recruitment...
- Eshleman N, Liu G, McGrath K, Parker R, Buchan J. Defects in THO/TREX-2 function cause accumulation of novel cytoplasmic mRNP granules that can be cleared by autophagy. RNA. 2016;22:1200-14 pubmed publisher..This identifies a novel mechanism of quality control for aberrant mRNPs assembled in the nucleus. ..