Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TFC1
Description: transcription factor TFIIIC subunit TFC1
Alias: transcription factor TFIIIC subunit TFC1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Deprez E, Arrebola R, Conesa C, Sentenac A. A subunit of yeast TFIIIC participates in the recruitment of TATA-binding protein. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:8042-51 pubmed..Coimmunoprecipitation experiments support a direct interaction between TBP and tau60. It is suggested that tau60 links tauA and tauB domains and participates in TFIIIB assembly via its interaction with TBP. ..
- Baker R, Gabrielsen O, Hall B. Effects of tRNATyr point mutations on the binding of yeast RNA polymerase III transcription factor C. J Biol Chem. 1986;261:5275-82 pubmed..Since A block sequences are absolutely required for active tRNA gene transcription, the binding results suggest that the role of A block sequences in transcription is not confined solely to TFIIIC binding. ..
- Felts S, Weil P, Chalkley R. Transcription factor requirements for in vitro formation of transcriptionally competent 5S rRNA gene chromatin. Mol Cell Biol. 1990;10:2390-401 pubmed..The patterns of protein-DNA interactions formed on these genes are consistent with these DNAs being assembled into extensive nucleosomal arrays. ..
- Chaussivert N, Conesa C, Shaaban S, Sentenac A. Complex interactions between yeast TFIIIB and TFIIIC. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:15353-8 pubmed..We provide evidence that intramolecular interactions mask functional domains in both polypeptides. ..
- Lefebvre O, Ruth J, Sentenac A. A mutation in the largest subunit of yeast TFIIIC affects tRNA and 5 S RNA synthesis. Identification of two classes of suppressors. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:23374-81 pubmed..A second class of suppressors is not involved in transcription but alleviates the main physiological defects of mutant cells. It includes RPR1 and NOP1, required for the maturation of pre-tRNA and pre-rRNA, respectively. ..
- Braun B, Riggs D, Kassavetis G, Geiduschek E. Multiple states of protein-DNA interaction in the assembly of transcription complexes on Saccharomyces cerevisiae 5S ribosomal RNA genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:2530-4 pubmed..Complexes assembled from the complete set of purified transcription factors or from a complete transcription system extend over the entire transcription unit together with almost 50 base pairs of 5' flanking sequence. ..
- Parsons M, Weil P. Purification and characterization of Saccharomyces cerevisiae transcription factor TFIIIC. Polypeptide composition defined with polyclonal antibodies. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:5095-103 pubmed..These results suggested that these three polypeptides were tightly associated with one another in solution. ..
- Haeusler R, Pratt Hyatt M, Good P, Gipson T, Engelke D. Clustering of yeast tRNA genes is mediated by specific association of condensin with tRNA gene transcription complexes. Genes Dev. 2008;22:2204-14 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest a widespread role for condensin in gene organization and packaging of the interphase yeast nucleus. ..
- Tavenet A, Suleau A, Dubreuil G, Ferrari R, Ducrot C, Michaut M, et al. Genome-wide location analysis reveals a role for Sub1 in RNA polymerase III transcription. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:14265-70 pubmed publisher..Sub1 was required for optimal Pol III gene transcription in exponentially growing cells. ..
- Braun B, Bartholomew B, Kassavetis G, Geiduschek E. Topography of transcription factor complexes on the Saccharomyces cerevisiae 5 S RNA gene. J Mol Biol. 1992;228:1063-77 pubmed..A 90 kDa component that was not previously recognized as an integral part of TFIIIC has been specifically located at the 3' end of the 5 S rRNA gene. ..
- Kassavetis G, Riggs D, Negri R, Nguyen L, Geiduschek E. Transcription factor IIIB generates extended DNA interactions in RNA polymerase III transcription complexes on tRNA genes. Mol Cell Biol. 1989;9:2551-66 pubmed
- Chedin S, Ferri M, Peyroche G, Andrau J, Jourdain S, Lefebvre O, et al. The yeast RNA polymerase III transcription machinery: a paradigm for eukaryotic gene activation. Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol. 1998;63:381-9 pubmed
- Dumay Odelot H, Marck C, Durrieu Gaillard S, Lefebvre O, Jourdain S, Prochazkova M, et al. Identification, molecular cloning, and characterization of the sixth subunit of human transcription factor TFIIIC. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:17179-89 pubmed