Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TFB2
Description: TFIIH/NER complex subunit TFB2
Alias: TFIIH/NER complex subunit TFB2
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Akhtar M, Heidemann M, Tietjen J, Zhang D, Chapman R, Eick D, et al. TFIIH kinase places bivalent marks on the carboxy-terminal domain of RNA polymerase II. Mol Cell. 2009;34:387-93 pubmed publisher..These bivalent CTD marks, in concert with cues within nascent transcripts, specify the cotranscriptional engagement of the relevant RNA processing machinery. ..
- Gibbons B, Brignole E, Azubel M, Murakami K, Voss N, Bushnell D, et al. Subunit architecture of general transcription factor TFIIH. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:1949-54 pubmed publisher..Consistency among all the structures establishes the location of the "minimal core" subunits (Ssl1, Tfb1, Tfb2, Tfb4, and Tfb5), and additional densities can be specifically attributed to Rad3, Ssl2, and the TFIIK trimer...
- Estruch F, Cole C. An early function during transcription for the yeast mRNA export factor Dbp5p/Rat8p suggested by its genetic and physical interactions with transcription factor IIH components. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:1664-76 pubmed..Together, our results suggest a nuclear role for Dbp5 during the early steps of transcription. ..
- Kim M, Suh H, Cho E, Buratowski S. Phosphorylation of the yeast Rpb1 C-terminal domain at serines 2, 5, and 7. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:26421-6 pubmed publisher..The basal factor TFIIH can phosphorylate Ser-7 in vitro and is necessary for Ser-7(P) in vivo. Interestingly, deletion of the CTD Ser-5(P) phosphatase Rtr1 leads to an increase in Ser-5(P) but not Ser-7(P). ..
- Yang C, Khaperskyy D, Hou M, Ponticelli A. Improved methods for expression and purification of Saccharomyces cerevisiae TFIIF and TFIIH; identification of a functional Escherichia coli promoter and internal translation initiation within the N-terminal coding region of the TFIIF TFG1 subunit. Protein Expr Purif. 2010;70:172-8 pubmed publisher..We also report conditions for the efficient two-step tandem affinity purification (TAP) of holo-TFIIH, core TFIIH and TFIIK complexes from yeast whole cell extracts. ..
- Murakami K, Gibbons B, Davis R, Nagai S, Liu X, Robinson P, et al. Tfb6, a previously unidentified subunit of the general transcription factor TFIIH, facilitates dissociation of Ssl2 helicase after transcription initiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:4816-21 pubmed publisher..Tfb6 does not, however, dissociate Ssl2 from TFIIH in the context of a fully assembled transcription preinitiation complex. Our findings suggest a dynamic state of Ssl2, allowing its engagement in multiple cellular processes. ..
- Kainov D, Selth L, Svejstrup J, Egly J, Poterzsman A. Interacting partners of the Tfb2 subunit from yeast TFIIH. DNA Repair (Amst). 2010;9:33-9 pubmed publisher..Here we focused on interplay between the Ssl2, Tfb2 and Tfb5 subunits of TFIIH from Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- Kainov D, Cura V, Vitorino M, Nierengarten H, Poussin P, Kieffer B, et al. Structure determination of the minimal complex between Tfb5 and Tfb2, two subunits of the yeast transcription/DNA-repair factor TFIIH: a retrospective study. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2010;66:745-55 pubmed publisherTfb5 interacts with the Tfb2 subunit of the general transcription factor TFIIH to ensure efficient nucleotide-excision repair in eukaryotes...
- Luo J, Cimermancic P, Viswanath S, Ebmeier C, Kim B, Dehecq M, et al. Architecture of the Human and Yeast General Transcription and DNA Repair Factor TFIIH. Mol Cell. 2015;59:794-806 pubmed publisher..We also reveal the structural basis for defects in patients with xeroderma pigmentosum and trichothiodystrophy, with mutations found at the interface between the p62 Anchor region and the XPD subunit. ..
- Warfield L, Luo J, Ranish J, Hahn S. Function of Conserved Topological Regions within the Saccharomyces cerevisiae Basal Transcription Factor TFIIH. Mol Cell Biol. 2016;36:2464-75 pubmed publisher..We systematically tested the function of these regions in three TFIIH core module subunits, i.e., Ssl1, Tfb4, and Tfb2, in the DNA translocase subunit Ssl2, and in the kinase module subunit Tfb3...
- Kainov D, Vitorino M, Cavarelli J, Poterszman A, Egly J. Structural basis for group A trichothiodystrophy. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2008;15:980-4 pubmed..the crystal structure of a minimal complex between Tfb5, the yeast ortholog of p8, and the C-terminal domain of Tfb2, the yeast p52 subunit of TFIIH...
- Svejstrup J, Feaver W, Kornberg R. Subunits of yeast RNA polymerase II transcription factor TFIIH encoded by the CCL1 gene. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:643-5 pubmed..In all likelihood, these two subunits individually form cyclin-dependent kinase/cyclin dimers with Kin28 protein, a key enzyme in phosphorylation of the C-terminal domain of RNA polymerase II concomitant with transcription. ..
- Zhou Y, Kou H, Wang Z. Tfb5 interacts with Tfb2 and facilitates nucleotide excision repair in yeast. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:861-71 pubmed..Lacking a DNA binding activity, Tfb5 was found to interact with the core TFIIH subunit Tfb2, but not with other NER proteins...
- Moriel Carretero M, Tous C, Aguilera A. Control of the function of the transcription and repair factor TFIIH by the action of the cochaperone Ydj1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:15300-5 pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence for a role of chaperones in NER and transcription, with implications in cancer and TFIIH-associated syndromes. ..