Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TFA1
Description: transcription factor TFIIE subunit TFA1
Alias: transcription factor TFIIE subunit TFA1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Sayre M, Tschochner H, Kornberg R. Reconstitution of transcription with five purified initiation factors and RNA polymerase II from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:23376-82 pubmed..TFIIA failed to substitute for any purified factor or to stimulate transcription with the complete set of factors, indicating that its function in crude extracts is primarily as an anti-inhibitor. ..
- Bushnell D, Bamdad C, Kornberg R. A minimal set of RNA polymerase II transcription protein interactions. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:20170-4 pubmed..Protein blotting revealed an interaction between the largest subunit of TFIIE and third largest subunit of TFIIH, which may be responsible for TFIIE binding to TFIIH. ..
- Sakurai H, Kim Y, Ohishi T, Kornberg R, Fukasawa T. The yeast GAL11 protein binds to the transcription factor IIE through GAL11 regions essential for its in vivo function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:9488-92 pubmed..In light of these findings, we suggest that Gal11p stimulates promoter activity by enhancing an association of TFIIE with the preinitiation complex in the cell. ..
- Badi L, Barberis A. Proteins that genetically interact with the Saccharomyces cerevisiae transcription factor Gal11p emphasize its role in the initiation-elongation transition. Mol Genet Genomics. 2001;265:1076-86 pubmed
- Sayre M, Tschochner H, Kornberg R. Purification and properties of Saccharomyces cerevisiae RNA polymerase II general initiation factor a. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:23383-7 pubmed..Factor a was required for utilization of six different eukaryotic promoters in vitro, indicating a general role in promoter-directed transcription by yeast RNA polymerase II. ..
- Wade P, Jaehning J. Transcriptional corepression in vitro: a Mot1p-associated form of TATA-binding protein is required for repression by Leu3p. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:1641-8 pubmed..In addition, a mutation in the Mot1 gene leads to partial derepression of the Leu3p-dependent LEU2 promoter. These in vivo and in vitro observations define a role for Mot1p as a transcriptional corepressor. ..
- Sakurai H, Fukasawa T. Yeast Gal11 and transcription factor IIE function through a common pathway in transcriptional regulation. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:32663-9 pubmed..We previously reported that Gal11 binds the small (Tfa2) and large (Tfa1) subunits of the general transcription factor (TF) IIE through Gal11 functional domains A and B, respectively...
- Li W, Giles C, Li S. Insights into how Spt5 functions in transcription elongation and repressing transcription coupled DNA repair. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:7069-83 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that Spt5 is a key coordinator for holding the RNAP II complex in a closed conformation that is highly competent for transcription elongation but repressive to TCR...
- Howard S, Budovskaya Y, Chang Y, Herman P. The C-terminal domain of the largest subunit of RNA polymerase II is required for stationary phase entry and functionally interacts with the Ras/PKA signaling pathway. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:19488-97 pubmed..In all, these data suggested that S. cerevisiae growth control and RNA pol II transcription might be coupled by using the Ras pathway to regulate CTD function. ..
- Murakami K, Gibbons B, Davis R, Nagai S, Liu X, Robinson P, et al. Tfb6, a previously unidentified subunit of the general transcription factor TFIIH, facilitates dissociation of Ssl2 helicase after transcription initiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:4816-21 pubmed publisher..Tfb6 does not, however, dissociate Ssl2 from TFIIH in the context of a fully assembled transcription preinitiation complex. Our findings suggest a dynamic state of Ssl2, allowing its engagement in multiple cellular processes. ..
- Lee P, Bae K, Kho C, Kang S, Lee D, Cho S, et al. Interactome analysis of yeast glutathione peroxidase 3. J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2008;18:1364-7 pubmed..These findings led us to suggest the possibility that Gpx3, known as a redox sensor and ROS scavenger, has another functional role by interacting with several proteins with various cellular functions. ..
- Myer V, Young R. RNA polymerase II holoenzymes and subcomplexes. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:27757-60 pubmed
- Sakurai H, Fukasawa T. Functional connections between mediator components and general transcription factors of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:37251-6 pubmed..We illustrate genetic interactions between Gal11 and other Mediator components such as Med2 and Pgd1/Hrs1/Med3. ..
- Kornberg R. Mechanism and regulation of yeast RNA polymerase II transcription. Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol. 1998;63:229-32 pubmed
- Sikorski T, Ficarro S, Holik J, Kim T, Rando O, Marto J, et al. Sub1 and RPA associate with RNA polymerase II at different stages of transcription. Mol Cell. 2011;44:397-409 pubmed publisher..We propose that Sub1 and RPA interact with the nontemplate strand of RNApII complexes during initiation and elongation, respectively. ..