Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TDP1
Description: tyrosyl-DNA phosphodiesterase 1
Alias: tyrosyl-DNA phosphodiesterase 1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Sharma P, Mullen J, Li M, Zaratiegui M, Bunting S, Brill S. A Lysine Desert Protects a Novel Domain in the Slx5-Slx8 SUMO Targeted Ub Ligase To Maintain Sumoylation Levels in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2017;206:1807-1821 pubmed publisher..Yeast cells lacking the repair factors TDP1 and WSS1 are synthetically lethal due to their redundant roles in removing Top1-DNA covalent complexes (..
- Pouliot J, Robertson C, Nash H. Pathways for repair of topoisomerase I covalent complexes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genes Cells. 2001;6:677-87 pubmed..Following collision with a replication fork, the covalent complex can be converted to a double-strand break. Tdp1, an enzyme that can hydrolyse the bond between topoisomerase I and DNA, is thought to be involved in the repair of ..
- Teixeira M, Dujon B, Fabre E. Genome-wide nuclear morphology screen identifies novel genes involved in nuclear architecture and gene-silencing in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Mol Biol. 2002;321:551-61 pubmed..Interestingly, these nuclear morphology alterations were associated with chromatin-silencing defects. These genes provide a molecular context to explore the functional link between nuclear architecture and gene silencing. ..
- Liu C, Pouliot J, Nash H. Repair of topoisomerase I covalent complexes in the absence of the tyrosyl-DNA phosphodiesterase Tdp1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:14970-5 pubmed..The enzyme tyrosyl-DNA phosphodiesterase (Tdp1) hydrolyzes this protein-DNA link and thus functions in the repair of covalent complexes, but genetic studies in ..
- Fiorani P, Reid R, Schepis A, Jacquiau H, Guo H, Thimmaiah P, et al. The deubiquitinating enzyme Doa4p protects cells from DNA topoisomerase I poisons. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:21271-81 pubmed..Additional studies suggest a role for Doa4p in the Rad9p checkpoint response to Top1p poisons. These findings indicate a functional link between ubiquitin-mediated proteolysis and cellular resistance to CPT-induced DNA damage. ..
- Liu C, Pouliot J, Nash H. The role of TDP1 from budding yeast in the repair of DNA damage. DNA Repair (Amst). 2004;3:593-601 pubmedThe TDP1 gene encodes a protein that can hydrolyze certain types of 3'-terminal phosphodiesters, but the relevance of these catalytic activities to gene function has not been previously tested...
- Deng C, Brown J, You D, Brown J. Multiple endonucleases function to repair covalent topoisomerase I complexes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2005;170:591-600 pubmed..Genetic analysis revealed that the flap endonucleases Slx4 and Sae2 represent new pathways parallel to Tdp1, Rad1, and Mus81 that protect cells from camptothecin toxicity...