Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tco89p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Tang F, Peng Y, Nau J, Kauffman E, Weisman L. Vac8p, an armadillo repeat protein, coordinates vacuole inheritance with multiple vacuolar processes. Traffic. 2006;7:1368-77 pubmed..We show that Vac8p function in caffeine resistance is mediated via a newly identified Vac8p-binding partner, Tco89p. The interaction between Vac8p and each binding partner requires an overlapping subset of Vac8p ARM repeats...
- Yan Y, Kang B. Regulation of Vid-dependent degradation of FBPase by TCO89, a component of TOR Complex 1. Int J Biol Sci. 2010;6:361-70 pubmed..The P1S mutation of FBPase, reported to block its degradation, was observed to impair the association of FBPase with TORCI components. These results implicated an important regulatory role of TCO89 and TORCI in this pathway. ..
- Panchaud N, Péli Gulli M, De Virgilio C. Amino acid deprivation inhibits TORC1 through a GTPase-activating protein complex for the Rag family GTPase Gtr1. Sci Signal. 2013;6:ra42 pubmed publisher..Our results delineate a potentially conserved mechanism by which the Iml1, Npr2, and Npr3 orthologous proteins in humans may suppress tumor formation. ..
- Holst B, Lunde C, Lages F, Oliveira R, Lucas C, Kielland Brandt M. GUP1 and its close homologue GUP2, encoding multimembrane-spanning proteins involved in active glycerol uptake in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Microbiol. 2000;37:108-24 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the first report on a gene product involved in active transport of glycerol in yeasts. Mutations with the same phenotypes occurred in two other ORFs of previously unknown function, YDL074c and YPL180w. ..
- Zheng C, Yan Z, Liu W, Jiang L. Identification and characterization of a functional Candida albicans homolog of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae TCO89 gene. FEMS Yeast Res. 2007;7:558-68 pubmed..Candida albicans cells disrupted for CaTCO89 are also sensitive to rapamycin and lithium salt, but not susceptible to challenges to cellular integrity. ..
- Chen H, Fan M, Pfeffer L, Laribee R. The histone H3 lysine 56 acetylation pathway is regulated by target of rapamycin (TOR) signaling and functions directly in ribosomal RNA biogenesis. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:6534-46 pubmed publisher..Overall, these studies identify a novel chromatin regulatory role for TOR signaling and support a specific function for H3K56ac in ribosomal DNA (rDNA) gene transcription and nascent rRNA processing essential for cell growth. ..
- Tekletsadik Y, Sonn R, Osman M. A conserved role of IQGAP1 in regulating TOR complex 1. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:2041-52 pubmed publisher..Two-hybrid screens identified the yeast TORC1-specific subunit Tco89p as an Iqg1p-binding partner, sharing roles in rapamycin-sensitive growth, axial-bud-site selection and cytokinesis,..
- Tosti E, Katakowski J, Schaetzlein S, Kim H, Ryan C, Shales M, et al. Evolutionarily conserved genetic interactions with budding and fission yeast MutS identify orthologous relationships in mismatch repair-deficient cancer cells. Genome Med. 2014;6:68 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we provide novel insights into the genome maintenance functions of a critical DNA repair complex and propose a promising targeted treatment for MMR deficient tumors. ..
- Wanke V, Cameroni E, Uotila A, Piccolis M, Urban J, Loewith R, et al. Caffeine extends yeast lifespan by targeting TORC1. Mol Microbiol. 2008;69:277-85 pubmed publisher..This kinase cascade appears to have been evolutionarily conserved, suggesting that caffeine may extend lifespan in other eukaryotes, including man. ..
- Robinson L, Phillips J, Brou L, Boswell E, Tatchell K. Suppressors of ipl1-2 in components of a Glc7 phosphatase complex, Cdc48 AAA ATPase, TORC1, and the kinetochore. G3 (Bethesda). 2012;2:1687-701 pubmed publisher..The slow growth and cell cycle delay of ndc80-K204E cells are partially alleviated by the ipl1-2 mutation. These data provide biological confirmation of a biochemically based model for the effect of phosphorylation on Ndc80 function. ..
- Sekiguchi T, Kamada Y, Furuno N, Funakoshi M, Kobayashi H. Amino acid residues required for Gtr1p-Gtr2p complex formation and its interactions with the Ego1p-Ego3p complex and TORC1 components in yeast. Genes Cells. 2014;19:449-63 pubmed publisher..GTP-bound Gtr1p interacted with the region containing the HEAT repeats of Kog1p and the C-terminal region of Tco89p. The GTP-bound Gtr2p suppressed a Kog1p mutation...
- Brown C, Hung G, Dunton D, Chiang H. The TOR complex 1 is distributed in endosomes and in retrograde vesicles that form from the vacuole membrane and plays an important role in the vacuole import and degradation pathway. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:23359-70 pubmed publisher..Both Tco89p and Tor1p were found in endosomes coming from the plasma membrane as well as in retrograde vesicles forming from ..