Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TAZ1
Description: lysophosphatidylcholine acyltransferase
Alias: lysophosphatidylcholine acyltransferase
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Gu Z, Valianpour F, Chen S, Vaz F, Hakkaart G, Wanders R, et al. Aberrant cardiolipin metabolism in the yeast taz1 mutant: a model for Barth syndrome. Mol Microbiol. 2004;51:149-58 pubmed..5 (also known as tafazzin). We constructed a yeast mutant (taz1) containing a null mutation in the homologue of the human G4.5 gene...
- Rijken P, Houtkooper R, Akbari H, Brouwers J, Koorengevel M, de Kruijff B, et al. Cardiolipin molecular species with shorter acyl chains accumulate in Saccharomyces cerevisiae mutants lacking the acyl coenzyme A-binding protein Acb1p: new insights into acyl chain remodeling of cardiolipin. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:27609-19 pubmed publisher..Based on the findings, we conclude that the fatty acid composition of mature CL in yeast is governed by the substrate specificity of the CL-specific lipase Cld1p and the fatty acid composition of the Taz1p substrates. ..
- Baile M, Whited K, Claypool S. Deacylation on the matrix side of the mitochondrial inner membrane regulates cardiolipin remodeling. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:2008-20 pubmed publisher..Mutations in TAZ1 result in the X-linked cardiomyopathy Barth syndrome...
- Ye C, Lou W, Li Y, Chatzispyrou I, Huttemann M, Lee I, et al. Deletion of the cardiolipin-specific phospholipase Cld1 rescues growth and life span defects in the tafazzin mutant: implications for Barth syndrome. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:3114-25 pubmed publisher..We show that cld1? rescues growth, life span, and respiratory defects of the taz1? mutant...
- Gaspard G, McMaster C. The mitochondrial quality control protein Yme1 is necessary to prevent defective mitophagy in a yeast model of Barth syndrome. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:9284-98 pubmed publisherThe Saccharomyces cerevisiae TAZ1 gene is an orthologue of human TAZ; both encode the protein tafazzin...
- Tyurina Y, Lou W, Qu F, Tyurin V, Mohammadyani D, Liu J, et al. Lipidomics Characterization of Biosynthetic and Remodeling Pathways of Cardiolipins in Genetically and Nutritionally Manipulated Yeast Cells. ACS Chem Biol. 2017;12:265-281 pubmed publisher..differential phospholipidomics analysis, we evaluated the contribution of Cld1 (CL-specific phospholipase A) and Taz1 (acyl-transferase) as the major regulatory mechanisms of the remodeling process...
- Herndon J, Claypool S, Koehler C. The Taz1p transacylase is imported and sorted into the outer mitochondrial membrane via a membrane anchor domain. Eukaryot Cell. 2013;12:1600-8 pubmed publisher..These studies suggest that altering the mitochondrial import pathway of Taz1p may be important in understanding the molecular basis of Barth syndrome. ..
- Abe M, Hasegawa Y, Oku M, Sawada Y, Tanaka E, Sakai Y, et al. Mechanism for Remodeling of the Acyl Chain Composition of Cardiolipin Catalyzed by Saccharomyces cerevisiae Tafazzin. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:15491-502 pubmed publisher..The acyl specificity of tafazzin may be one of the factors that determine the acyl composition of mature CL in S. cerevisiae mitochondria. ..