Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TAF3
Alias: TAF47, Taf3p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Deluen C, James N, Maillet L, Molinete M, Theiler G, Lemaire M, et al. The Ccr4-not complex and yTAF1 (yTaf(II)130p/yTaf(II)145p) show physical and functional interactions. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:6735-49 pubmed
- Sanders S, Garbett K, Weil P. Molecular characterization of Saccharomyces cerevisiae TFIID. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:6000-13 pubmed..The results of direct biochemical exchange experiments confirmed this hypothesis. Together, our results represent a concise molecular characterization of the general transcription factor TFIID from S. cerevisiae. ..
- Ohtsuki K, Kasahara K, Shirahige K, Kokubo T. Genome-wide localization analysis of a complete set of Tafs reveals a specific effect of the taf1 mutation on Taf2 occupancy and provides indirect evidence for different TFIID conformations at different promoters. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:1805-20 pubmed publisher
- Chimura T, Kuzuhara T, Horikoshi M. Identification and characterization of CIA/ASF1 as an interactor of bromodomains associated with TFIID. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:9334-9 pubmed..This study describes the functional linkage between TFIID and a histone chaperone. ..
- Kirchner J, Sanders S, Klebanow E, Weil P. Molecular genetic dissection of TAF25, an essential yeast gene encoding a subunit shared by TFIID and SAGA multiprotein transcription factors. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:6668-80 pubmed..The results of these analyses show that TAF25p is comprised of multiple mutable elements which contribute importantly to RNA polymerase II-mediated mRNA gene transcription. ..
- Mencia M, Struhl K. Region of yeast TAF 130 required for TFIID to associate with promoters. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:1145-54 pubmed..These results suggest that the C-terminal region of TAF130 is required for TFIID to associate with promoters. ..
- Auty R, Steen H, Myers L, Persinger J, Bartholomew B, Gygi S, et al. Purification of active TFIID from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Extensive promoter contacts and co-activator function. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:49973-81 pubmed..TFIID supports basal transcription and activated transcription, both of which are enhanced by TFIIA. ..
- Durso R, Fisher A, Albright Frey T, Reese J. Analysis of TAF90 mutants displaying allele-specific and broad defects in transcription. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:7331-44 pubmed