Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SYF1
Description: mRNA splicing protein SYF1
Alias: NTC90, mRNA splicing protein SYF1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Tsai R, Fu R, Yeh F, Tseng C, Lin Y, Huang Y, et al. Spliceosome disassembly catalyzed by Prp43 and its associated components Ntr1 and Ntr2. Genes Dev. 2005;19:2991-3003 pubmed..This is the first demonstration of physical disassembly of the spliceosome, catalyzed by a complex containing a DExD/H-box RNA helicase and two accessory factors, which might function in targeting the helicase to the correct substrate. ..
- Gahura O, Abrhámová K, Skruzny M, Valentová A, Munzarová V, Folk P, et al. Prp45 affects Prp22 partition in spliceosomal complexes and splicing efficiency of non-consensus substrates. J Cell Biochem. 2009;106:139-51 pubmed publisher..Using a synthetic lethality screen, we found that prp45(1-169) genetically interacts with alleles of NTC members SYF1, CLF1/SYF3, NTC20, and CEF1, and 2nd step splicing factors SLU7, PRP17, PRP18, and PRP22...
- Garrey S, Katolik A, Prekeris M, Li X, York K, Bernards S, et al. A homolog of lariat-debranching enzyme modulates turnover of branched RNA. RNA. 2014;20:1337-48 pubmed publisher..Drn1 enhances Dbr1-mediated turnover of lariat-intermediates and lariat-intron products, indicating that branched RNA turnover is regulated at multiple steps during splicing...
- Chen H, Chang K, Su Y, Huang Y, Cheng S. Structural requirement of Ntc77 for spliceosome activation and first catalytic step. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:12261-71 pubmed publisher..The complex comprises at least eight proteins, among which Ntc90 and Ntc77 contain multiple tetratricopeptide repeat (TPR) elements...
- Dix I, Russell C, Yehuda S, Kupiec M, Beggs J. The identification and characterization of a novel splicing protein, Isy1p, of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. RNA. 1999;5:360-8 pubmed..Using a sensitive in vivo splicing assay, however, we observed lower splicing efficiency in the isy1 null mutant compared to wild-type, indicating that Isy1 p is important in the optimization of splicing. ..
- Hoskins A, Rodgers M, Friedman L, Gelles J, Moore M. Single molecule analysis reveals reversible and irreversible steps during spliceosome activation. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..The data reveal the activation mechanism and show that overall splicing efficiency may be maintained through repeated rounds of disassembly and tri-snRNP reassociation. ..