Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SWM1
Alias: APC13, Swm1p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- da Fonseca P, Kong E, Zhang Z, Schreiber A, Williams M, Morris E, et al. Structures of APC/C(Cdh1) with substrates identify Cdh1 and Apc10 as the D-box co-receptor. Nature. 2011;470:274-8 pubmed publisher..Our results rationalize the contribution of both co-activator and core APC/C subunits to D-box recognition and provide a structural framework for understanding mechanisms of substrate recognition and catalysis by the APC/C. ..
- Ufano S, San Segundo P, del Rey F, Vazquez de Aldana C. SWM1, a developmentally regulated gene, is required for spore wall assembly in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:2118-29 pubmed..However, epistasis analyses indicate that Swm1p does not form part of the Sps1p-Smk1p-MAP kinase pathway...
- Takahashi H, McCaffery J, Irizarry R, Boeke J. Nucleocytosolic acetyl-coenzyme a synthetase is required for histone acetylation and global transcription. Mol Cell. 2006;23:207-17 pubmed..Thus, acetyl-CoA metabolism is directly linked to chromatin regulation and may affect diverse cellular processes in which acetylation and metabolism intersect, such as disease states and aging. ..
- Blethrow J, Tang C, Deng C, Krutchinsky A. Modular mass spectrometric tool for analysis of composition and phosphorylation of protein complexes. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e358 pubmed
- Ostapenko D, Solomon M. Anaphase promoting complex-dependent degradation of transcriptional repressors Nrm1 and Yhp1 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:2175-84 pubmed publisher..Therefore, in addition to its known functions, APC-mediated targeting of Nrm1 and Yhp1 coordinates transcription of multiple genes in G1 with other cell cycle events. ..
- Tsuchiya D, Gonzalez C, Lacefield S. The spindle checkpoint protein Mad2 regulates APC/C activity during prometaphase and metaphase of meiosis I in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:2848-61 pubmed publisher..We propose that Mad2 is an important meiotic cell cycle regulator that ensures the timely degradation of APC/C substrates and the proper orchestration of the meiotic divisions. ..