Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Swa2p
Alias: AUX1, BUD24, Swa2p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Martineau C, Melki R, Kabani M. Swa2p-dependent clathrin dynamics is critical for Flo11p processing and 'Mat' formation in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:1149-55 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that Swa2p, an auxilin ortholog required for clathrin-coated vesicle uncoating, is strictly required for biofilm formation...
- Chim N, Gall W, Xiao J, Harris M, Graham T, Krezel A. Solution structure of the ubiquitin-binding domain in Swa2p from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Proteins. 2004;54:784-93 pubmedThe SWA2/AUX1 gene has been proposed to encode the Saccharomyces cerevisiae ortholog of mammalian auxilin. Swa2p is required for clathrin assembly/dissassembly in vivo, thereby implicating it in intracellular protein and lipid ..
- Shen D, Yuan H, Hutagalung A, Verma A, Kümmel D, Wu X, et al. The synaptobrevin homologue Snc2p recruits the exocyst to secretory vesicles by binding to Sec6p. J Cell Biol. 2013;202:509-26 pubmed publisher..We propose that the exocyst is recruited to secretory vesicles by the combinatorial signals of Sec4-GTP and the Snc proteins. This could help to confer both specificity and directionality to vesicular traffic. ..
- Troisi E, Rockman M, Nguyen P, Oliver E, Hines J. Swa2, the yeast homolog of mammalian auxilin, is specifically required for the propagation of the prion variant [URE3-1]. Mol Microbiol. 2015;97:926-41 pubmed publisher..variant [URE3-1], we screened 12 yeast cytosolic J-proteins, and here we report a novel role for the J-protein Swa2/Aux1. Swa2 is the sole yeast homolog of the mammalian protein auxilin, which, like Swa2, functions in vesicle-mediated ..
- Du Y, Walker L, Novick P, Ferro Novick S. Ptc1p regulates cortical ER inheritance via Slt2p. EMBO J. 2006;25:4413-22 pubmed..Our findings indicate that Ptc1p and Nbp2p regulate ER inheritance through the CWI MAPK pathway by modulating the MAPK, Slt2p. ..
- Sahi C, Craig E. Network of general and specialty J protein chaperones of the yeast cytosol. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:7163-8 pubmed..However, a subset of Hsp70 functions requires specific J protein partners, likely demanding either sublocalization within the compartment or binding to specific client proteins. ..
- Webster M, McCaffery J, COHEN FIX O. Vesicle trafficking maintains nuclear shape in Saccharomyces cerevisiae during membrane proliferation. J Cell Biol. 2010;191:1079-88 pubmed publisher..Moreover, flares may facilitate maintenance of a constant nuclear/cell volume ratio in the face of altered membrane proliferation. ..
- Du Y, Pypaert M, Novick P, Ferro Novick S. Aux1p/Swa2p is required for cortical endoplasmic reticulum inheritance in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2001;12:2614-28 pubmed..This approach has revealed that AUX1/SWA2 plays a role in ER inheritance. The COOH terminus of Aux1p/Swa2p contains a J-domain that is highly related to the J-domain of auxilin, which stimulates the uncoating of clathrin-..