Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: STP1
Alias: BAP1, SSY2, Stp1p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Cardillo S, Bermudez Moretti M, Correa Garcia S. Uga3 and Uga35/Dal81 transcription factors regulate UGA4 transcription in response to gamma-aminobutyric acid and leucine. Eukaryot Cell. 2010;9:1262-71 pubmed publisher..Our results show that leucine affects UGA4 induction and that the SPS sensor and the downstream effectors Stp1 and Stp2 participate in this regulation...
- Abdel Sater F, El Bakkoury M, Urrestarazu A, Vissers S, Andre B. Amino acid signaling in yeast: casein kinase I and the Ssy5 endoprotease are key determinants of endoproteolytic activation of the membrane-bound Stp1 transcription factor. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:9771-85 pubmed..Ptr3 and Ssy5 proteins, all essential to activation, by endoproteolytic processing, of the membrane-bound Stp1 transcription factor...
- Eckert Boulet N, Nielsen P, Friis C, dos Santos M, Nielsen J, Kielland Brandt M, et al. Transcriptional profiling of extracellular amino acid sensing in Saccharomyces cerevisiae and the role of Stp1p and Stp2p. Yeast. 2004;21:635-48 pubmed..and this pathway is completely dependent on the SPS component, Ssy1p, and either of the transcription factors, Stp1p and Stp2p...
- Abdel Sater F, Iraqui I, Urrestarazu A, Andre B. The external amino acid signaling pathway promotes activation of Stp1 and Uga35/Dal81 transcription factors for induction of the AGP1 gene in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2004;166:1727-39 pubmed..amino acids, and culminates with proteolytic cleavage and translocation to the nucleus of the zinc-finger proteins Stp1 and Stp2, the lack of which abolishes induction of BAP2 and BAP3...
- Grauslund M, Didion T, Kielland Brandt M, Andersen H. BAP2, a gene encoding a permease for branched-chain amino acids in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1995;1269:275-80 pubmed
- Shin C, Kim S, Huh W. TORC1 controls degradation of the transcription factor Stp1, a key effector of the SPS amino-acid-sensing pathway in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:2089-99 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that degradation of Stp1, a transcription factor for amino acid uptake and a key effector of the SPS amino-acid-sensing pathway, is ..
- Pfirrmann T, Heessen S, Omnus D, Andréasson C, Ljungdahl P. The prodomain of Ssy5 protease controls receptor-activated proteolysis of transcription factor Stp1. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:3299-309 pubmed publisherExtracellular amino acids induce the yeast SPS sensor to endoproteolytically cleave transcription factors Stp1 and Stp2 in a process termed receptor-activated proteolysis (RAP)...
- Nielsen P, van den Hazel B, Didion T, de Boer M, Jørgensen M, Planta R, et al. Transcriptional regulation of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae amino acid permease gene BAP2. Mol Gen Genet. 2001;264:613-22 pubmed..Other genes that control BAP2 encode known (Leu3p, Tup1p) and putative (Stp1p, Stp2p) transcription factors...
- de Boer M, Nielsen P, Bebelman J, Heerikhuizen H, Andersen H, Planta R. Stp1p, Stp2p and Abf1p are involved in regulation of expression of the amino acid transporter gene BAP3 of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Nucleic Acids Res. 2000;28:974-81 pubmed..induction is mediated via an upstream activating sequence (called UAS(aa)) in the BAP3 promoter, and dependent on Stp1p, a nuclear protein with zinc finger domains, suggesting that Stp1p is a transcription factor involved in BAP3 ..
- Omnus D, Ljungdahl P. Latency of transcription factor Stp1 depends on a modular regulatory motif that functions as cytoplasmic retention determinant and nuclear degron. Mol Biol Cell. 2014;25:3823-33 pubmed publisherThe Ssy1-Ptr3-Ssy5 (SPS)-sensing pathway enables yeast to respond to extracellular amino acids. Stp1, the effector transcription factor, is synthesized as a latent cytoplasmic precursor with an N-terminal regulatory domain that restricts ..