Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: STM1
Alias: MPT4, Stm1p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Balagopal V, Parker R. Stm1 modulates mRNA decay and Dhh1 function in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2009;181:93-103 pubmed publisher..To understand the function of these factors, we identified the ribosome binding protein Stm1 as a multicopy suppressor of the temperature sensitivity of the pat1Delta strain...
- Katayama T, Inoue N, Torigoe H. Location of the triplex DNA-binding domain of Saccharomyces cerevisiae Stm1 protein. Nucleic Acids Symp Ser (Oxf). 2007;:123-4 pubmedSaccharomyces cerevisiae Stm1 protein (273 amino acids) is a purine motif triplex DNA-binding protein...
- Balagopal V, Parker R. Stm1 modulates translation after 80S formation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. RNA. 2011;17:835-42 pubmed publisher..It is often inversely related to mRNA degradation and is typically controlled during initiation. The Stm1 protein in Saccharomyces cerevisiae has been shown to interact with ribosomes, affect the interaction of eEF3 with ..
- Van Dyke N, Pickering B, Van Dyke M. Stm1p alters the ribosome association of eukaryotic elongation factor 3 and affects translation elongation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009;37:6116-25 pubmed publisherb>Stm1p is a Saccharomyces cerevisiae protein that is primarily associated with cytosolic 80S ribosomes and polysomes...
- Wohlschlegel J, Johnson E, Reed S, Yates J. Global analysis of protein sumoylation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:45662-8 pubmed..Additionally, our global analysis has revealed a number of interesting biological patterns in the list of SUMO targets including a clustering of sumoylation targets within macromolecular complexes. ..
- Katayama T, Torigoe H. The interaction between the purine motif triplex and the triplex DNA-binding domain of Saccharomyces cerevisiae Stm1 protein. Nucleic Acids Symp Ser (Oxf). 2008;:111-2 pubmed publisherSaccharomyces cerevisiae Stm1 protein (273 amino acids) is a purine motif triplex DNA-binding protein. We have previously found that Stm(1-113) (amino acids 1-113) is the minimal domain to specifically bind with the purine motif triplex...
- Cuenca Bono B, García Molinero V, Pascual García P, García Oliver E, Llopis A, Rodriguez Navarro S. A novel link between Sus1 and the cytoplasmic mRNA decay machinery suggests a broad role in mRNA metabolism. BMC Cell Biol. 2010;11:19 pubmed publisher..These interactions suggest a role for Sus1 in gene expression during cytoplasmic mRNA metabolism in addition to its nuclear function. ..
- Abraham K, Chan J, Salvi J, Ho B, Hall A, Vidya E, et al. Intersection of calorie restriction and magnesium in the suppression of genome-destabilizing RNA-DNA hybrids. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:8870-8884 pubmed
- Estruch F, Hodge C, Rodriguez Navarro S, Cole C. Physical and genetic interactions link the yeast protein Zds1p with mRNA nuclear export. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:9691-7 pubmed..We proposed that Zds1p associates with the complex formed by Dbp5p, Gfd1p, and nucleoporins at the cytosolic fibrils of the nuclear pore complex and is required for optimal mRNA export. ..
- Smith J, Chen Q, Yatsunyk L, Nicoludis J, Garcia M, Kranaster R, et al. Rudimentary G-quadruplex-based telomere capping in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2011;18:478-85 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that, at least in the absence of full natural capping, G4 DNA can play a positive role at telomeres in vivo. ..
- Zhou W, Ryan J, Zhou H. Global analyses of sumoylated proteins in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Induction of protein sumoylation by cellular stresses. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:32262-8 pubmed..Taken together, these results show that protein sumoylation is broadly involved in many cellular functions and this mass spectrometry-based proteomic approach is useful in studying the regulation of protein sumoylation in the cells. ..
- Van Dyke N, Chanchorn E, Van Dyke M. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae protein Stm1p facilitates ribosome preservation during quiescence. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;430:745-50 pubmed publisher..We found that the ribosome-associated protein Stm1p greatly increases the quantity of 80S ribosomes present in quiescent yeast cells and that these ribosomes ..
- Salvi J, Chan J, Szafranski K, Liu T, Wu J, Olsen J, et al. Roles for Pbp1 and caloric restriction in genome and lifespan maintenance via suppression of RNA-DNA hybrids. Dev Cell. 2014;30:177-91 pubmed publisher..of RNA-DNA hybrids in Pbp1-deficient cells through RNaseH overexpression, deletion of the G4DNA-stabilizing Stm1, or caloric restriction operating via RNaseH/Pif1 restores rDNA stability...
- van den Elzen A, Schuller A, Green R, Seraphin B. Dom34-Hbs1 mediated dissociation of inactive 80S ribosomes promotes restart of translation after stress. EMBO J. 2014;33:265-76 pubmed publisher..ribosomal subunits reassociate to form a large pool of non-translating 80S ribosomes stabilized by the 'clamping' Stm1 factor. The subunits of these inactive ribosomes need to be mobilized for translation restart upon stress relief...