Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SSZ1
Alias: PDR13, Ssz1p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Hallstrom T, Moye Rowley W. Hyperactive forms of the Pdr1p transcription factor fail to respond to positive regulation by the hsp70 protein Pdr13p. Mol Microbiol. 2000;36:402-13 pubmed..Previous experiments have demonstrated that the Hsp70 protein encoded by the PDR13 gene is a positive regulator of Pdr1p function...
- Rakwalska M, Rospert S. The ribosome-bound chaperones RAC and Ssb1/2p are required for accurate translation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:9186-97 pubmed..Based on the combined data we conclude that RAC and Ssb1/2p are crucial in maintaining translational fidelity beyond their postulated role as chaperones for nascent polypeptides. ..
- Conz C, Otto H, Peisker K, Gautschi M, Wölfle T, Mayer M, et al. Functional characterization of the atypical Hsp70 subunit of yeast ribosome-associated complex. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:33977-84 pubmed..a stable chaperone complex termed ribosome-associated complex consisting of the J-domain protein Zuo1 and the Hsp70 Ssz1. Zuo1 and Ssz1 together with the Hsp70 homolog Ssb1/2 form a functional triad involved in translation and early ..
- Hallstrom T, Katzmann D, Torres R, Sharp W, Moye Rowley W. Regulation of transcription factor Pdr1p function by an Hsp70 protein in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:1147-55 pubmed..This gene has been designated PDR13 and is required for normal growth...
- Dechamps C, Portetelle D, Vandenbol M. Multicopy suppression screen in the msb3 msb4 Saccharomyces cerevisiae double mutant, affected in Ypt/RabGAP activity. Biotechnol Lett. 2005;27:1439-49 pubmed..of functional features into four groups: vesicular transport proteins (Sec7p, Vps35p, and Uso1p), a protein involved in cell division (Sap155p), a molecular chaperon (Ssz1p), and a protein associated with the 25S proteasome (Cic1p).
- Peisker K, Braun D, Wölfle T, Hentschel J, Funfschilling U, Fischer G, et al. Ribosome-associated complex binds to ribosomes in close proximity of Rpl31 at the exit of the polypeptide tunnel in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:5279-88 pubmed publisherRibosome-associated complex (RAC) consists of the Hsp40 homolog Zuo1 and the Hsp70 homolog Ssz1. The chaperone participates in the biogenesis of newly synthesized polypeptides...
- Albanèse V, Reissmann S, Frydman J. A ribosome-anchored chaperone network that facilitates eukaryotic ribosome biogenesis. J Cell Biol. 2010;189:69-81 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that, in addition to their known cytoplasmic roles in de novo protein folding, some ribosome-anchored CLIPS chaperones play a critical role in nuclear steps of ribosome biogenesis. ..
- Leidig C, Bange G, Kopp J, Amlacher S, Aravind A, Wickles S, et al. Structural characterization of a eukaryotic chaperone--the ribosome-associated complex. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2013;20:23-8 pubmed publisher..RAC) from Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Chaetomium thermophilum, consisting of heat-shock protein 70 (Hsp70) Ssz1 and the Hsp40 Zuo1...
- Hundley H, Eisenman H, Walter W, Evans T, Hotokezaka Y, Wiedmann M, et al. The in vivo function of the ribosome-associated Hsp70, Ssz1, does not require its putative peptide-binding domain. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:4203-8 pubmedTwo proteins of the Hsp70 class (Ssb and Ssz1) and one of the J-type class (Zuo1) of molecular chaperones reside on the yeast ribosome, with Ssz1 forming a stable heterodimer with Zuo1...
- Tomala K, Korona R. Alleviation of deleterious effects of protein mutation through inactivation of molecular chaperones. Mol Genet Genomics. 2008;280:409-17 pubmed publisher..We suggest that under non-stressful conditions, molecular chaperones are tuned to support folding of native proteins, but not that of mutated ones. ..
- Fiaux J, Horst J, Scior A, Preissler S, Koplin A, Bukau B, et al. Structural analysis of the ribosome-associated complex (RAC) reveals an unusual Hsp70/Hsp40 interaction. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:3227-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we present a novel mechanism for converting Zuotin and Ssz chaperones into a functionally active dimer. ..
- Desany B, Alcasabas A, Bachant J, Elledge S. Recovery from DNA replicational stress is the essential function of the S-phase checkpoint pathway. Genes Dev. 1998;12:2956-70 pubmed..We propose that this checkpoint pathway plays an important role in the maintenance of DNA synthetic capabilities when DNA replication is stressed. ..