Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SSQ1
Description: Hsp70 family ATPase SSQ1
Alias: SSC2, SSH1, Hsp70 family ATPase SSQ1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Andrew A, Song J, Schilke B, Craig E. Posttranslational regulation of the scaffold for Fe-S cluster biogenesis, Isu. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:5259-66 pubmed publisher..reduction in the activity of several components of the cluster biogenesis system, including the specialized Hsp70 Ssq1, causes a 15-20-fold up-regulation of Isu...
- Jensen L, Sanchez R, Srinivasan C, Valentine J, Culotta V. Mutations in Saccharomyces cerevisiae iron-sulfur cluster assembly genes and oxidative stress relevant to Cu,Zn superoxide dismutase. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:29938-43 pubmed..By comparison, the sod1Delta lysine auxotrophy appears to be reversed in the seo mutants by increased expression of genes in the lysine biosynthetic pathway, perhaps through sensing of mitochondrial damage by the retrograde response. ..
- Manicki M, Majewska J, Ciesielski S, Schilke B, Blenska A, Kominek J, et al. Overlapping binding sites of the frataxin homologue assembly factor and the heat shock protein 70 transfer factor on the Isu iron-sulfur cluster scaffold protein. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:30268-78 pubmed publisher..apoprotein is known to require the interaction of Isu with the J-protein/Hsp70 molecular chaperone pair, Jac1 and Ssq1. Here we show that the Yfh1 interaction with Isu involves the PVK sequence motif, which is also the site key for ..
- Lewrenz I, Rietzschel N, Guiard B, Lill R, van der Laan M, Voos W. The functional interaction of mitochondrial Hsp70s with the escort protein Zim17 is critical for Fe/S biogenesis and substrate interaction at the inner membrane preprotein translocase. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:30931-43 pubmed publisher..mutant cells were prone to acquire respiratory deficits and showed a strong aggregation of the mitochondrial Hsp70 Ssq1 together with a concomitant defect in Fe/S protein biogenesis...
- Uzarska M, Dutkiewicz R, Freibert S, Lill R, Muhlenhoff U. The mitochondrial Hsp70 chaperone Ssq1 facilitates Fe/S cluster transfer from Isu1 to Grx5 by complex formation. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:1830-41 pubmed publisherThe mitochondrial Hsp70 chaperone Ssq1 plays a dedicated role in the maturation of iron-sulfur (Fe/S) proteins, an essential process of mitochondria...
- Strain J, Lorenz C, Bode J, Garland S, Smolen G, Ta D, et al. Suppressors of superoxide dismutase (SOD1) deficiency in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Identification of proteins predicted to mediate iron-sulfur cluster assembly. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:31138-44 pubmed..One sod1Delta suppressor represents SSQ1 which encodes a hsp70-type molecular chaperone found in the mitochondria...
- Kim R, Saxena S, Gordon D, Pain D, Dancis A. J-domain protein, Jac1p, of yeast mitochondria required for iron homeostasis and activity of Fe-S cluster proteins. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:17524-32 pubmed..proteins (lacking 70 or 152 amino acids) were associated with phenotypes strikingly similar to the phenotypes of ssq1 mutants...
- Lutz T, Westermann B, Neupert W, Herrmann J. The mitochondrial proteins Ssq1 and Jac1 are required for the assembly of iron sulfur clusters in mitochondria. J Mol Biol. 2001;307:815-25 pubmedMitochondria of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae contain three different Hsp70 chaperones, Ssc1, Ecm10 and Ssq1. Ssc1 is an essential protein that mediates the import of nuclear-encoded proteins into the organelle and their subsequent ..
- Schilke B, Voisine C, Beinert H, Craig E. Evidence for a conserved system for iron metabolism in the mitochondria of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:10206-11 pubmed..In a synthetic lethal screen with the mitochondrial heat shock protein (HSP)70, SSQ1, we identified a gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, NFU1, which encodes a protein with sequence identity to the C-..
- Knight S, Sepuri N, Pain D, Dancis A. Mt-Hsp70 homolog, Ssc2p, required for maturation of yeast frataxin and mitochondrial iron homeostasis. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:18389-93 pubmed..Yeast with ssc2-1 mutations were identified by a screen for altered iron-dependent gene regulation and mitochondrial dysfunction...