Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SRO7
Description: Rab GTPase-binding protein SRO7
Alias: SNI1, SOP1, Rab GTPase-binding protein SRO7
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Wadskog I, Forsmark A, Rossi G, Konopka C, Oyen M, Goksör M, et al. The yeast tumor suppressor homologue Sro7p is required for targeting of the sodium pumping ATPase to the cell surface. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:4988-5003 pubmedThe SRO7/SOP1 encoded tumor suppressor homologue of Saccharomyces cerevisiae is required for maintenance of ion homeostasis in cells exposed to NaCl stress...
- Slobodin B, Gerst J. A novel mRNA affinity purification technique for the identification of interacting proteins and transcripts in ribonucleoprotein complexes. RNA. 2010;16:2277-90 pubmed publisher..Finally, RaPID could also be used to show biochemically the coexistence of different RNA species within the same RNP complex (e.g., coprecipitation of the yeast SRO7, WSC2, SEC3, and IST2 mRNAs with ASH1 mRNA) for the first time.
- Rossi G, Brennwald P. Yeast homologues of lethal giant larvae and type V myosin cooperate in the regulation of Rab-dependent vesicle clustering and polarized exocytosis. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:842-57 pubmed publisher..The yeast homologues Sro7 and Sro77 are thought to act downstream of the Rab GTPase Sec4 to promote soluble N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor ..
- Zanolari B, Rockenbauch U, Trautwein M, Clay L, Barral Y, Spang A. Transport to the plasma membrane is regulated differently early and late in the cell cycle in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:1055-66 pubmed publisher..We propose that transport to and from the bud neck is regulated differently in small- and large-budded cells, and differs early and late in the cell cycle. ..
- Aronov S, Gelin Licht R, Zipor G, Haim L, Safran E, Gerst J. mRNAs encoding polarity and exocytosis factors are cotransported with the cortical endoplasmic reticulum to the incipient bud in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:3441-55 pubmed..We examined how these factors (i.e., Cdc42, Sec4, and Sro7) reach the bud site and found that their respective mRNAs localize to the tip of the incipient bud prior to nuclear ..
- Grosshans B, Novick P. Identification and verification of Sro7p as an effector of the Sec4p Rab GTPase. Methods Enzymol. 2008;438:95-108 pubmed publisher..We also describe the methods used to identify and verify one candidate, Sro7p, as a bona fide Sec4p effector. This includes tests of the specificity and efficiency of binding both in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Labedzka K, Tian C, Nussbaumer U, Timmermann S, Walther P, Müller J, et al. Sho1p connects the plasma membrane with proteins of the cytokinesis network through multiple isomeric interaction states. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:4103-13 pubmed publisher..Owing to the overlapping binding specificities of its members the HICS complex is best described as ensembles of isomeric interaction states that precisely coordinate the different functions of the interactors during cytokinesis. ..
- Gelin Licht R, Paliwal S, Conlon P, Levchenko A, Gerst J. Scp160-dependent mRNA trafficking mediates pheromone gradient sensing and chemotropism in yeast. Cell Rep. 2012;1:483-94 pubmed publisher..This is, to our knowledge, the first demonstration of ligand-activated RNA targeting in the development of a simple eukaryote. ..
- Liou L, Ren Q, Gao Q, Zhang Z. Sro7 and Sro77, the yeast homologues of the Drosophila lethal giant larvae (Lgl), regulate cell proliferation via the Rho1-Tor1 pathway. Microbiology. 2014;160:2208-14 pubmed publisherSaccharomyces cerevisiae Sro7 and Sro77 are homologues of the Drosophila tumour suppressor lethal giant larvae (Lgl), which regulates cell polarity in Drosophila epithelial cells...
- Rossi G, Watson K, Demonch M, Temple B, Brennwald P. In vitro reconstitution of Rab GTPase-dependent vesicle clustering by the yeast lethal giant larvae/tomosyn homolog, Sro7. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:612-24 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of either of two Sec4 effectors, Sro7 or Sec15, results in the formation of a cluster of post-Golgi vesicles within the cell...
- Watson K, Rossi G, Temple B, Brennwald P. Structural basis for recognition of the Sec4 Rab GTPase by its effector, the Lgl/tomosyn homologue, Sro7. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:3289-300 pubmed publisherMembers of the tomosyn/Lgl/Sro7 family play important roles in vesicle trafficking and cell polarity in eukaryotic cells...