Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SRN2
Description: ESCRT-I subunit protein SRN2
Alias: SRN10, VPL16, VPS37, ESCRT-I subunit protein SRN2
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Bowers K, Lottridge J, Helliwell S, Goldthwaite L, Luzio J, Stevens T. Protein-protein interactions of ESCRT complexes in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Traffic. 2004;5:194-210 pubmed..We propose the formation of a large multimeric complex on the endosome membrane consisting of ESCRTI, ESCRTII, ESCRTIII and other associated proteins. ..
- Bugnicourt A, Froissard M, Sereti K, Ulrich H, Haguenauer Tsapis R, Galan J. Antagonistic roles of ESCRT and Vps class C/HOPS complexes in the recycling of yeast membrane proteins. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:4203-14 pubmed..Genetic analyses indicated that these phenotypes were due to the functioning of the Vps class C complex in trafficking both to and from the late endosomal compartment. ..
- Kostelansky M, Sun J, Lee S, Kim J, Ghirlando R, Hierro A, et al. Structural and functional organization of the ESCRT-I trafficking complex. Cell. 2006;125:113-26 pubmed..The yeast ESCRT-I complex contains the Vps23, Vps28, and Vps37 proteins, and its assembly is directed by the C-terminal steadiness box of Vps23, the N-terminal half of Vps28, ..
- Hayden J, Williams M, Granich A, Ahn H, Tenay B, Lukehart J, et al. Vps1 in the late endosome-to-vacuole traffic. J Biosci. 2013;38:73-83 pubmed..Together, we propose that Vps1 is required for correct and efficient trafficking from the late endosomal compartments to the vacuole. ..
- Peters T, Miller A, Tourette C, Agren H, Hubbard A, Hughes R. Genomic Analysis of ATP Efflux in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. G3 (Bethesda). 2015;6:161-70 pubmed publisher..These results will facilitate analysis of ATP efflux mechanisms in higher eukaryotes. ..
- Katzmann D, Babst M, Emr S. Ubiquitin-dependent sorting into the multivesicular body pathway requires the function of a conserved endosomal protein sorting complex, ESCRT-I. Cell. 2001;106:145-55 pubmed..In addition, we characterize a 350 kDa complex, ESCRT-I (composed of Vps23, Vps28, and Vps37), that recognizes ubiquitinated MVB cargo and whose function is required for sorting into MVB vesicles...