Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SPP382
Description: mRNA splicing protein SPP382
Alias: CCF8, NTR1, mRNA splicing protein SPP382
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Banerjee D, McDaniel P, Rymond B. Limited portability of G-patch domains in regulators of the Prp43 RNA helicase required for pre-mRNA splicing and ribosomal RNA maturation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2015;200:135-47 pubmed publisher..In Saccharomyces cerevisiae, the Spp382/Ntr1, Sqs1/Pfa1, and Pxr1/Gno1 proteins are implicated as cofactors necessary for Prp43 helicase activation during ..
- Boon K, Norman C, Grainger R, Newman A, Beggs J. Prp8p dissection reveals domain structure and protein interaction sites. RNA. 2006;12:198-205 pubmed..Thus, the U5 snRNP protein Snu114p associates with Prp8p in the region 437-770, whereas fragmenting Prp8p at residue 2173 destabilizes its association with Aar2p. ..
- Pandit S, Paul S, Zhang L, Chen M, Durbin N, Harrison S, et al. Spp382p interacts with multiple yeast splicing factors, including possible regulators of Prp43 DExD/H-Box protein function. Genetics. 2009;183:195-206 pubmed publisher..overexpressed specifically inhibit the growth of a conditional lethal prp38-1 spliceosome assembly mutant in the spp382-1 suppressor background...
- Sahi C, Lee T, Inada M, Pleiss J, Craig E. Cwc23, an essential J protein critical for pre-mRNA splicing with a dispensable J domain. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:33-42 pubmed publisher..is further supported by the observation that this mutation results in reduced interaction between Cwc23 and Ntr1 (SPP382), a known component of the disassembly pathway. However, Cwc23 is a very atypical J protein...
- Fourmann J, Tauchert M, Ficner R, Fabrizio P, Luhrmann R. Regulation of Prp43-mediated disassembly of spliceosomes by its cofactors Ntr1 and Ntr2. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:4068-4080 pubmed publisherThe DEAH-box NTPase Prp43 disassembles spliceosomes in co-operation with the cofactors Ntr1/Spp382 and Ntr2, forming the NTR complex...
- Herrmann G, Kais S, Hoffbauer J, Shah Hosseini K, Brüggenolte N, Schober H, et al. Conserved interactions of the splicing factor Ntr1/Spp382 with proteins involved in DNA double-strand break repair and telomere metabolism. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:2321-32 pubmed..proteins Lif1p and XRCC4 of yeast and human with the putatively orthologous G-patch proteins Ntr1p/Spp382p and NTR1/TFIP11 that have recently been implicated in mRNA splicing...