Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Spf1p
Description: ion-transporting P-type ATPase SPF1
Alias: COD1, PER9, PIO1, ion-transporting P-type ATPase SPF1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Takahashi H, McCaffery J, Irizarry R, Boeke J. Nucleocytosolic acetyl-coenzyme a synthetase is required for histone acetylation and global transcription. Mol Cell. 2006;23:207-17 pubmed..Thus, acetyl-CoA metabolism is directly linked to chromatin regulation and may affect diverse cellular processes in which acetylation and metabolism intersect, such as disease states and aging. ..
- PuigpinÃ³s J, Casas C, Herrero E. Altered intracellular calcium homeostasis and endoplasmic reticulum redox state in Saccharomyces cerevisiae cells lacking Grx6 glutaredoxin. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:104-16 pubmed publisher..The results presented in this study provide evidence for redox regulation of calcium homeostasis in yeast cells. ..
- Heeren G, Rinnerthaler M, Laun P, von Seyerl P, Kössler S, Klinger H, et al. The mitochondrial ribosomal protein of the large subunit, Afo1p, determines cellular longevity through mitochondrial back-signaling via TOR1. Aging (Albany NY). 2009;1:622-36 pubmed..AFO1/MRPL25 function establishes a new connection between mitochondria, metabolism and aging. ..
- Lauffer S, Mäbert K, Czupalla C, Pursche T, Hoflack B, Rödel G, et al. Saccharomyces cerevisiae porin pore forms complexes with mitochondrial outer membrane proteins Om14p and Om45p. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:17447-58 pubmed publisher..We propose a model for the role of the two OM proteins in addressing the porin pore to bind to specific channels in the mt IM to facilitate transport of metabolites. ..
- Sørensen D, Holen H, Holemans T, Vangheluwe P, Palmgren M. Towards defining the substrate of orphan P5A-ATPases. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1850:524-35 pubmed publisher..P5A-ATPases constitute a poorly characterized subfamily of P-type ATPases present in all eukaryotic organisms but for which a transported substrate remains to be identified...
- Corradi G, Czysezon N, Mazzitelli L, Sarbia N, Adamo H. Inhibition of the Formation of the Spf1p Phosphoenzyme by Ca2. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:7767-73 pubmed publisher..In the yeastSaccharomyces cerevisiae, deletion of P5-ATPase Spf1p gives rise to endoplasmic reticulum stress. The reaction cycle of P5-ATPases is poorly characterized...