Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SOH1
Alias: MED31, Soh1p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Eychenne T, Novikova E, Barrault M, Alibert O, Boschiero C, Peixeiro N, et al. Functional interplay between Mediator and TFIIB in preinitiation complex assembly in relation to promoter architecture. Genes Dev. 2016;30:2119-2132 pubmed..This study thus provides mechanistic insights into the coordinated function of Mediator and TFIIB in PIC assembly in different chromatin contexts. ..
- Jordan P, Klein F, Leach D. Novel roles for selected genes in meiotic DNA processing. PLoS Genet. 2007;3:e222 pubmed..Additionally, Soh1/Med31, a subunit of the RNA pol II mediator complex, Bre5, a ubiquitin protease cofactor and an uncharacterized protein, ..
- Hausmann S, Zheng S, Costanzo M, Brost R, Garcin D, Boone C, et al. Genetic and biochemical analysis of yeast and human cap trimethylguanosine synthase: functional overlap of 2,2,7-trimethylguanosine caps, small nuclear ribonucleoprotein components, pre-mRNA splicing factors, and RNA decay pathways. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:31706-18 pubmed publisher..end processing and decay (Pat1, Lsm1, and Trf4) and regulation of polymerase II transcription (Rpn4, Spt3, Srb2, Soh1, Swr1, and Htz1)...
- Guglielmi B, Soutourina J, Esnault C, Werner M. TFIIS elongation factor and Mediator act in conjunction during transcription initiation in vivo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:16062-7 pubmed..However, the TFIIS elongation factor is implicated in both processes. We found that, in the absence of the Med31 Mediator subunit, yeast cells required the TFIIS polymerase II (Pol II)-binding domain but not its RNA cleavage ..
- Gibney P, Fries T, Bailer S, Morano K. Rtr1 is the Saccharomyces cerevisiae homolog of a novel family of RNA polymerase II-binding proteins. Eukaryot Cell. 2008;7:938-48 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data reveal a role for members of the RTR1/RPAP2 family as regulators of core RNAPII function. ..
- Fan H, Cheng K, Klein H. Mutations in the RNA polymerase II transcription machinery suppress the hyperrecombination mutant hpr1 delta of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 1996;142:749-59 pubmed..The Soh1 protein interacts with a DNA repair protein, Rad5p, in a two-hybrid system assay. Soh1p may functionally interact with components of the RNA polymerase II complex as suggested from the synthetic ..