Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SNX4
Alias: ATG24, CVT13, Snx4p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Kanki T, Wang K, Baba M, Bartholomew C, Lynch Day M, Du Z, et al. A genomic screen for yeast mutants defective in selective mitochondria autophagy. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:4730-8 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, we have named this gene ATG33. The new mutants identified in this analysis will provide a useful foundation for researchers interested in the study of mitochondrial homeostasis and quality control. ..
- Ohashi Y, Munro S. Membrane delivery to the yeast autophagosome from the Golgi-endosomal system. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:3998-4008 pubmed publisher..This is underestimated by examination of single mutants, providing a possible explanation for discrepancies between yeast and mammalian studies on Atg9 localization and autophagosome formation. ..
- Yang S, Rosenwald A. A High Copy Suppressor Screen for Autophagy Defects in Saccharomyces arl1? and ypt6? Strains. G3 (Bethesda). 2017;7:333-341 pubmed publisher..From the screen results, we selected COG4, SNX4, TAX4, IVY1, PEP3, SLT2, and ATG5, either membrane traffic or autophagy ..
- Shi Y, Stefan C, Rue S, Teis D, Emr S. Two novel WD40 domain-containing proteins, Ere1 and Ere2, function in the retromer-mediated endosomal recycling pathway. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:4093-107 pubmed publisher..transporter Can1 is recycled back to the cell surface via two independent pathways mediated by the sorting nexins Snx4/41/42 and the retromer complex, respectively...
- Nemec A, Howell L, Peterson A, Murray M, Tomko R. Autophagic clearance of proteasomes in yeast requires the conserved sorting nexin Snx4. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:21466-21480 pubmed publisher..A targeted screen of autophagy genes identified a requirement for the conserved sorting nexin Snx4 in the autophagic turnover of proteasomes and several other large multisubunit complexes...