Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SNU114
Description: U5 snRNP GTPase SNU114
Alias: GIN10, U5 snRNP GTPase SNU114
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Gottschalk A, Tang J, Puig O, Salgado J, Neubauer G, Colot H, et al. A comprehensive biochemical and genetic analysis of the yeast U1 snRNP reveals five novel proteins. RNA. 1998;4:374-93 pubmed..Finally, we show that Nam8p/Mud15p contributes to the stability of U1 snRNP. ..
- Hoskins A, Rodgers M, Friedman L, Gelles J, Moore M. Single molecule analysis reveals reversible and irreversible steps during spliceosome activation. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..The data reveal the activation mechanism and show that overall splicing efficiency may be maintained through repeated rounds of disassembly and tri-snRNP reassociation. ..
- Gautam A, Grainger R, Vilardell J, Barrass J, Beggs J. Cwc21p promotes the second step conformation of the spliceosome and modulates 3' splice site selection. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:3309-17 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that mutations in PRP16, PRP8, SNU114 and the U5 snRNA that affect this process interact genetically with CWC21, that encodes the yeast orthologue of ..
- Warkocki Z, Schneider C, Mozaffari Jovin S, SchmitzovÃ¡ J, HÃ¶bartner C, Fabrizio P, et al. The G-patch protein Spp2 couples the spliceosome-stimulated ATPase activity of the DEAH-box protein Prp2 to catalytic activation of the spliceosome. Genes Dev. 2015;29:94-107 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that Spp2 plays a major role in coupling Prp2's ATPase activity to remodeling of the spliceosome into a catalytically active machine. ..
- Görnemann J, Kotovic K, Hujer K, Neugebauer K. Cotranscriptional spliceosome assembly occurs in a stepwise fashion and requires the cap binding complex. Mol Cell. 2005;19:53-63 pubmed..Thus, the demonstration of an essential link between CBC and spliceosome assembly in vivo indicates that 5' end capping couples pre-mRNA splicing to transcription. ..
- Boon K, Norman C, Grainger R, Newman A, Beggs J. Prp8p dissection reveals domain structure and protein interaction sites. RNA. 2006;12:198-205 pubmed..Thus, the U5 snRNP protein Snu114p associates with Prp8p in the region 437-770, whereas fragmenting Prp8p at residue 2173 destabilizes its association with Aar2p. ..
- Dreumont N, Seraphin B. Rapid screening of yeast mutants with reporters identifies new splicing phenotypes. FEBS J. 2013;280:2712-26 pubmed publisher..Thus, using appropriate reporters, yeast can be used to quickly delineate the effect of various factors on splicing and identify those with the propensity to regulate alternative splicing events. ..
- Dix I, Russell C, O Keefe R, Newman A, Beggs J. Protein-RNA interactions in the U5 snRNP of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. RNA. 1998;4:1675-86 pubmed..This and the close proximity of the spliceosomal translocase, Snu114p, to U5 loop 1 and Prp8p support and extend the proposal that Snu114p mimics U5 loop 1 during a translocation event in the spliceosome. ..
- Mayerle M, Guthrie C. Prp8 retinitis pigmentosa mutants cause defects in the transition between the catalytic steps of splicing. RNA. 2016;22:793-809 pubmed publisher..Prp8 and Snu114, an EF2-like GTPase, regulate the activity of the Brr2 helicase, promoting RNA unwinding by Brr2 at appropriate ..
- Bai R, Yan C, Wan R, Lei J, Shi Y. Structure of the Post-catalytic Spliceosome from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Cell. 2017;171:1589-1598.e8 pubmed publisher..The 3'SS is stabilized through an interaction with the 1585-loop of Prp8. The P complex structure provides a view on splice junction formation critical for understanding the complete splicing cycle. ..
- Grainger R, Barrass J, Jacquier A, Rain J, Beggs J. Physical and genetic interactions of yeast Cwc21p, an ortholog of human SRm300/SRRM2, suggest a role at the catalytic center of the spliceosome. RNA. 2009;15:2161-73 pubmed publisher..Thus, the function of Cwc21p is likely conserved from yeast to humans. ..
- Nancollis V, Ruckshanthi J, Frazer L, O Keefe R. The U5 snRNA internal loop 1 is a platform for Brr2, Snu114 and Prp8 protein binding during U5 snRNP assembly. J Cell Biochem. 2013;114:2770-84 pubmed publisher..The proteins Prp8, Snu114 and Brr2 all assemble with the U5 small nuclear RNA (snRNA) to produce the U5 snRNP...
- Huang Y, Chung C, Kao D, Kao T, Cheng S. Sad1 counteracts Brr2-mediated dissociation of U4/U6.U5 in tri-snRNP homeostasis. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:210-20 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate a role of Sad1 in maintaining the integrity of the tri-snRNP by counteracting Brr2-mediated dissociation of tri-snRNP and provide insights into homeostasis of the tri-snRNP. ..
- Liang W, Cheng S. A novel mechanism for Prp5 function in prespliceosome formation and proofreading the branch site sequence. Genes Dev. 2015;29:81-93 pubmed publisher..Mutations impairing U2-branch site base-pairing retard Prp5 release and impede tri-snRNP association. Prp5 mutations that destabilize the Prp5-U2 interaction suppress branch site mutations by allowing progression of the pathway. ..
- Hoskins A, Friedman L, Gallagher S, Crawford D, Anderson E, Wombacher R, et al. Ordered and dynamic assembly of single spliceosomes. Science. 2011;331:1289-95 pubmed publisher..This experimental strategy should prove widely useful for mechanistic analysis of other macromolecular machines in environments approaching the complexity of living cells. ..
- Gottschalk A, Kastner B, Luhrmann R, Fabrizio P. The yeast U5 snRNP coisolated with the U1 snRNP has an unexpected protein composition and includes the splicing factor Aar2p. RNA. 2001;7:1554-65 pubmed..Thus, the basic structural scaffold of the Aar2-U5 snRNP seems to be essentially determined by Prp8p, Snu114p, and the Sm proteins. ..
- Fabrizio P, Laggerbauer B, Lauber J, Lane W, Luhrmann R. An evolutionarily conserved U5 snRNP-specific protein is a GTP-binding factor closely related to the ribosomal translocase EF-2. EMBO J. 1997;16:4092-106 pubmed..This is to date the first evidence that a G domain-containing protein plays an essential role in the pre-mRNA splicing process. ..