Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SNF8
Description: ESCRT-II subunit protein SNF8
Alias: VPL14, VPS22, ESCRT-II subunit protein SNF8
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Rothfels K, Tanny J, Molnár E, Friesen H, Commisso C, Segall J. Components of the ESCRT pathway, DFG16, and YGR122w are required for Rim101 to act as a corepressor with Nrg1 at the negative regulatory element of the DIT1 gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:6772-88 pubmed..Interestingly, Rim101 was processed in bro1 and doa4 strains but was unable to mediate efficient repression. ..
- Progida C, Spinosa M, De Luca A, Bucci C. RILP interacts with the VPS22 component of the ESCRT-II complex. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;347:1074-9 pubmed..In this study we have isolated, using the yeast two-hybrid system, the EAP30/SNF8/VPS22 subunit of the ESCRT-II complex as a RILP interacting protein...
- Logg K, Warringer J, Hashemi S, Käll M, Blomberg A. The sodium pump Ena1p provides mechanistic insight into the salt sensitivity of vacuolar protein sorting mutants. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1783:974-84 pubmed publisher..overexpression of Ena1p could suppress the salt sensitivity of the ESCRT knockouts vps20Delta, snf7/vps32Delta and snf8/vps22Delta...
- Hayden J, Williams M, Granich A, Ahn H, Tenay B, Lukehart J, et al. Vps1 in the late endosome-to-vacuole traffic. J Biosci. 2013;38:73-83 pubmed..Together, we propose that Vps1 is required for correct and efficient trafficking from the late endosomal compartments to the vacuole. ..
- Zhao Y, Du J, Xiong B, Xu H, Jiang L. ESCRT components regulate the expression of the ER/Golgi calcium pump gene PMR1 through the Rim101/Nrg1 pathway in budding yeast. J Mol Cell Biol. 2013;5:336-44 pubmed publisher..Here we show that deletion mutation of ESCRT components Snf7, Snf8, Stp22, Vps20, Vps25, Vps28, or Vps36 activates the calcium/calcineurin signaling in yeast cells, but surprisingly ..
- Zhao Y, Xiong B, Xu H, Jiang L. Expression of NYV1 encoding the negative regulator of Pmc1 is repressed by two transcriptional repressors, Nrg1 and Mig1. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:3195-201 pubmed publisher..Deletion of ESCRTs increases Nrg1 binding, but not Mig1-binding, to the NYV1 promoter. Deletion of MIG1 increases calcium sensitivity of ESCRT mutants due to derepression of NYV1 expression. ..
- Adhikari H, Caccamise L, Pande T, Cullen P. Comparative Analysis of Transmembrane Regulators of the Filamentous Growth Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase Pathway Uncovers Functional and Regulatory Differences. Eukaryot Cell. 2015;14:868-83 pubmed publisher..This specialization may be important for fine-tuning and potentially diversifying the filamentation response. ..
- Kostelansky M, Sun J, Lee S, Kim J, Ghirlando R, Hierro A, et al. Structural and functional organization of the ESCRT-I trafficking complex. Cell. 2006;125:113-26 pubmed..The C-terminal domain of Vps28 binds the ESCRT-II complex. The structure shows how ESCRT-I is assembled by a compact core from which the Vps23 UEV domain, the Vps28 C domain, and other domains project to bind their partners. ..
- Yeghiayan P, Tu J, Vallier L, Carlson M. Molecular analysis of the SNF8 gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast. 1995;11:219-24 pubmedMutations in the SNF8 gene impair derepression of the SUC2 gene, encoding invertase, in response to glucose limitation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. We report here the cloning of the SNF8 gene by complementation...
- Alam S, Sun J, Payne M, Welch B, Blake B, Davis D, et al. Ubiquitin interactions of NZF zinc fingers. EMBO J. 2004;23:1411-21 pubmed..Thus, the NZF is a versatile protein recognition domain that is used to bind ubiquitylated proteins during vacuolar protein sorting, and probably many other biological processes. ..
- Babst M, Katzmann D, Snyder W, Wendland B, Emr S. Endosome-associated complex, ESCRT-II, recruits transport machinery for protein sorting at the multivesicular body. Dev Cell. 2002;3:283-9 pubmed..study characterizes ESCRT-II, a soluble approximately 155 kDa protein complex formed by the class E Vps proteins Vps22, Vps25, and Vps36...